Getting live telemetry after removing P2V camera

Reaction score
Alright team I am playing with a new set up. Basically I have installed a new camera on my P2V and I am using the Cameras iPhone app to get a live feed and operate the camera via 2.4g.

I still want the telemetry especially satellites, altitude and distance. Is there are way I can still get this information. I see the IOSD mini runs off Bluetooth 4.0. It's says its range is 50m. Is there a way to get this longer! Will this interfere with my 2.4g live camera feed?

Or is there another way?

The iOSD mini doesn't work by Bluetooth, and it won't work on the P2V. It's hardwired in to the video transmitter feed on a non-Vision phantom.

The telemetry you were seeing before was broadcast from the camera you removed. To get everything else you want, you'll need to go to a different model of the Phantom. Except that you won't be able to see the FPV on your iPhone. The P2V/P2V+ is the only option for that.

Choose wisely.

What about a way just to get an altitude read out. Doesn't have to be from phantom. Like another device to stick to the unit which transmits to a display?

tomwato said:
What about a way just to get an altitude read out. Doesn't have to be from phantom. Like another device to stick to the unit which transmits to a display?

If you had a regular P2 you could do that, as there's aftermarket equipment available for exactly that purpose...but all the ones I know of require a 2.4GHz control setup, and won't work with the 5.8GHz arrangement on the Vision.

Maybe there is a way to just get the telemetry without having to have the whole camera attached. Will try and get a 2nd camera and see what I can do.

tomwato said:
Alright team I am playing with a new set up. Basically I have installed a new camera on my P2V and I am using the Cameras iPhone app to get a live feed and operate the camera via 2.4g.

I still want the telemetry especially satellites, altitude and distance. Is there are way I can still get this information. I see the IOSD mini runs off Bluetooth 4.0. It's says its range is 50m. Is there a way to get this longer! Will this interfere with my 2.4g live camera feed?

Or is there another way?

Just wondering what camera you are using and is it possible to live feed through the FPV range extender?

Just destroyed the camera on my Vision Plus so grasping at straws.

tomwato said:
Maybe there is a way to just get the telemetry without having to have the whole camera attached. Will try and get a 2nd camera and see what I can do.
You can get the info via the 2.4ghz Bluetooth datalink and ground station. I know dji says it's not supported for p2v but it works.

zenith said:
tomwato said:
You can get the info via the 2.4ghz Bluetooth datalink and ground station. I know dji says it's not supported for p2v but it works.

It may work, but you'd still have both WiFi and Datalink running over 2.4Ghz. I wouldn't trust the stability of that setup.

-slinger

zenith said:

Would you still need the camera connected for this or something else?

tomwato said:
zenith said:

Depends on what you intend to do/shoot. I suggest you wait for the official ground station app for vision which is supposedly coming out within the next two weeks. I'm just jumping the gun by using a bluetooth datalink.

tomwato said:

That's an interesting angle. What portion of what's in the camera is dealing with "non camera" functionality? And how large/heavy is that portion?

-slinger

tomwato said:
The bluetooth datalink doesn't need the camera. However, if you're thinking of the upcoming yet-to-be-released app GS for P2V, you will need the camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik