Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Getting image, but not telemetry from P2V+

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by spudmachine, May 24, 2015.

1. spudmachine

Hi,
    I flew for the first time in a while yesterday and saw the weirdest fault. As usual when there's a gap between flights I now suspect I'm suffering multiple, separate faults as I list below. I had to abandon the flight.

On my HTC One (which upgraded to Lollipop between this flight and my last flight - this is the only thing I know has changed) I could see the camera view and the image was updating. However, there was no telemetry on the Vision app.

- Number of satellites was showing as 0
    - The bottom left radar had the arrowhead off to the center left, and it does not update
    - Height and speed indicators both showed "N/A"

However, in the pre-flight sequence I saw the rapid green flickering to show that the homepoint had been established.

Also the read LEDs are flashing green and three reds - which indicates GPS and Atti Mode.

So I assume my GPS receiver is OK. And I assume my WiFi link must be OK too, because I'm getting the camera view.

I plugged into the Vision Assistant and it's telling me my main controller is 3.08 and no updates.

(As an aside, the Vision Assistant would not let me log in - telling me I have the wrong password. I clicked on the "forgot password" link, but that produces a 404 error on the DJI website. However, I re-entered the password on my HTC One and it is correct. I assume the Vision and Vision Assistant accounts use the same user name and password???)

Since the Lollipop update is the only thing I know has changed I tried installed the Vision app on an Android 4 tablet, and I got exactly the same lack of telemetry.

So now I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
    Geoff

2. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

For starters, the most common cause of losing the telemetry is that one of the 3 cables that come down to the top of the gimbal base is not properly connected.

spudmachine likes this.
  3. spudmachine

I'm now blushing. That was the problem - thanks a million, Meta4!

The cables looked like they were attached, but the smallest one had come slightly out of its socket.

I haven't had a chance for a flight yet, but right away I'm getting altitude, the radar screen arrowhead is now where it should be, etc.