Getting buzzed by helicopter when flying

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition to be analyzing everything I typed right down to the font, jesus.

Jesus needs a capital "J"

Just kidding :)

Hmmm.. I think this horse is too far down the trail to be stopped.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

In the past 40 years, I've seen virtually EVERY hobby I've ever enjoyed taken away in the name of safety. I used to be a great water skier, lived on the waterfront, had a Mastercraft skiboat, until they banned it everywhere around here. Just try water skiing at 6 mph. Then we rode dirt bikes out in the deep woods. Banned that. I can name a lot more. I see what's coming to this hobby too. It will regulated so you have stand in a concrete reinforced pen surrounded by metal fencing, and wait your turn for 60 seconds of flying, after proving you have a million dollar insurance policy and a commercial pilot's license.

I admire your positive attitude, but my experience says otherwise.

If you have such a negative outlook why bother with the hobby then? Enjoy it. Technology advances, experiences change. As to your original post, did the copter move into your area of operation or was it possible they were simply curious like most bystanders? I'd personally flip out a little if one came at me, but I'd do my damndest to get it on film.

Personally, I'd say one of your neighbors snitched and called the cops.
When they flew beyond the location given, they turn around and come back.
See that the "drone" is a little toy one and leave.

Was that black helicopter with no markings? Next time you see it, get out your bazooka and shoot it down.

To anyone interested, the helicopter was larger than a Dauphin, and was black. Not a private heli or local police, which I would have recognized (white with blue markings). When I said "tonight", I meant "this evening". It was still daylight. I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition to be analyzing everything I typed right down to the font, jesus. Next time I'll be sure and walk off the distance with 12 notarized witnesses. When I estimated 5 miles, he looked like he was over the water when I first saw him, which is 5 miles from my house. I stand by my estimate.

By the way guys, you can laugh all you want, but it's your hobby that's going to get taken away by the feds. This was not intended to be a troll. And you're not hurting me at all.

Hey Hosebag,
Like Meta4 said, don't take us too seriously. My BS reply was just that, having fun. I couldn't read much past the reply I've quoted, got a bit serious for my taste.

Enjoy the show, but watch out, put it out there and we'll step on it.
Off Topic is tons of fun though.

Later

EDIT:
Ok, I read the rest of the posts. Yep you're in for all kinds of crap, not from me but from folks who don't like different opinions, or the way you've said something, or the way you forecast things, or whatever. They will probably jump my poop too. LOL Never a dull moment.

EDIT again:
This just keeps getting funnier each time I read it.

Hey Hosebag, ya going to jump back in here?

Last edited:
Personally, I'd say one of your neighbors snitched and called the cops.
When they flew beyond the location given, they turn around and come back.
See that the "drone" is a little toy one and leave.

Was that black helicopter with no markings? Next time you see it, get out your bazooka and shoot it down.
Black helicopter's in MS are MBN ones and that idea just might not be so cool o_O
I don't even think I would say that in jest bro !

Tina, is that you? I miss you very much. :D

Tina, is that you? I miss you very much. :D
blank stare.png
Tina ? o_O

Dang it, I thought this was a conversation when I posted that.
How does this new site work again?;)o_O

There is a bit of an odor in this thread... Are there cows about?

-slinger

Reactions: dirkclod
Black helicopter's in MS are MBN ones and that idea just might not be so cool o_O
I don't even think I would say that in jest bro !

You mean MIB? That would make more sense. :D

Reactions: dirkclod
What thread?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues