I purchased a drone several months back and loved flying it around
P3A
when the faa got involved I sold it because I didnt like the aggravation
Ive missed it and just ordered a brand new P3A
Im heading to the bristol race this coming weekend
Think its safe to get some scenic shots if I dont get too close
and dont fly during the race?

Ive done a little research it seems I have to register the craft now
Is flying around at a nascar track (before racetime) illegal? risky?
I could stay high up if needed/ also wondering about radio interference from everything at the track

2.4 ghz has a band with little channels within the 2.4 band. Your controller pair with the drone. And checks together with the controller of there is a channel free. They block the channel so nobody can interupt. Only if you have a radio jammer but that is illegal.
I think you need to contact the organisation to make a after movie or something. That is safer. Then they know what you are doing. Before they call the police.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I went to Bristol last August. The Last Great Colosseum! I wish I could go again this year.

That being said, I can pretty much guarantee the whole place will be a No Fly Zone for the entire weekend, and you'd be asking for trouble trying to fly anywhere near the track.

Reactions: CThruU
its an interesting story I had never even seen a drone until the bristol race. Someone hired them to take video of people riding in the back of a monster truck he was flying all over the place and I said I HAVE TO HAVE ONE

I may try to sneak a few flights in just stay good and high where cant be seen or heard and most def not fly over the track.

Reactions: mikesmiley
My folks and I flew all the way from California to see the night race at Bristol. My dad is getting old, and we wanted to do something awesome as a family while he still could. And it was worth every penny.

yea its gonna be a blast.
Ill just stay far from the track
I do want a couple shots of the campers outside
pretty sure if I stay way away no one will care or know

wonder if they have those drone catchers

I just read through the FAA TFR manual and it says no fly zone goes into effect an hour before and ends an hour after the event. So I should be ok

Reactions: mikesmiley

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj