Getting annoyed, need clarification ( anti-static compass)

Re: Getting annoyed, need clarification ( anti-static compas

They are both correct. :)

YA **** SKIPPY WE ARE :D ;)

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 342

Thanks Guys/Gals,
All the input, and pics really helped, you taking
The time to reply, and post pics, IS APPRECIATED!
Thank you all!

I think we are now air worthy!
Take care, Fly Safe!
J Dot

Glad it worked out for you. Cheers.

I was in on that discussion in another thread about this subject and because my old compass on my P2V plugged in to the GPS puck, I had the same problem with cable not being long enough with the shielded compass. I emailed DJI support about 4 times about this and they were not much help as they didn't understand the problem. It would seem that some came with compass connection on GPS puck and some with compass connected to main board. I the last reply from them they suggested that if the GPS puck had a connector for the compass, then plugging it in to the main board would prevent the GPS from working. They suggested I purchase a V3 or P2V+ GPS puck.

I forked out for a new GPS puck and everything is working OK now, but I suspect I've been had over for the price of a new puck and that it would probably have worked OK on the original puck. DJI support does seem a bit vague about some of their products.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has got theirs working with the shielded compass plugged into the main board despite their GPS puck having the compass connector on it. If it does, then I have now got a spare GPS puck!! Whilst I was about all this and with the Phantom apart I did the Ceramic antenna update to the GPS puck and now have a 4mm one on it as was suggested by dirkclod. It works well and I do seem to get sats quicker and a couple more. I also puts some more shielding on the GPS puck and the GPS cable.

What I would like to know is, does the adapter cable for the Flytrex 3G become another source of RFI leakage?

Spent far too much on this already, and I have a Rotorpixel gimbal on order at the moment too! :eek: My bank manager will have a fit. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers