Getting 2.7 K video

Reaction score
Hi guys/gals, new P3S owner and just joined the forum today. I have a question on video. I took some yesterday. I uploaded the feed I got from my SD card into my Mac. Why is iMovie just reading it as 1080P, as such I can only upload to YouTube at 1080P max. Tried with PC movie maker and it's the same. Checked DJI Go app, it's set to record 2.7K.

So, short question, how do I get 2.7K video and upload same quality to YouTube?

Thanks!

Hi guys/gals, new P3S owner and just joined the forum today. I have a question on video. I took some yesterday. I uploaded the feed I got from my SD card into my Mac. Why is iMovie just reading it as 1080P, as such I can only upload to YouTube at 1080P max. Tried with PC movie maker and it's the same. Checked DJI Go app, it's set to record 2.7K.

So, short question, how do I get 2.7K video and upload same quality to YouTube?

Thanks!
Try uploading the original unedited video file (taken from the micro SD card) directly to YouTube, after copying it to your hard drive. Let it upload, fully process, and then wait an hour for it to render it in the highest quality, (320p is the only one available immediately) which will be the original recording quality. If that is HD 2.7 K, it's your post processing which is changing the resolution. Also, you will never see anything higher than 1080p from YouTube on an iPad or any cell phone. You'll only get the option to select the 2.7K or 4K playback quality setting on a laptop or a desktop.

Last edited:
I tried what you said but I still get 1080p on a desktop. Anything else I can check?
You also need a video card in the desktop computer that can display 2.7K, as YouTube senses that. It also senses the highest resolution of your monitor. If you send me a PM with the YouTube link, or want to post it here, I can try it from my computer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj