Get to the chopper!!!!

Reaction score
Hi peeps,

After reading through various articals and watch many many videos I decided to buy one of these bad boys.

Connected everything up and took off, the camera ran out of battery very quickly however so I guess it takes a while for that to charge, (charging now). I flew around a little to get used to the controls and it it not at all bad, even in todays 10-15mph wind.

Once the camera is charged I shall be taking it back out for its first proper flight and flight video.

I already have many hop-ups in mind including the Flytrex Core, need to make sure I keep track of everything!!!!!

Also want to try and get in the local news, "UFO Spotted", or something like that.

Anyways, hopefully get the video up later tonight, until then, happy flying!

Just taken it out for its first proper flight, totally addicted. Didn't dare go to far, partly due to wind and partly down to lack of experience, despite having the fail safe set up. Anyway, please take a look at my video, weather permitting I will be taking it out after dark too ;)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFtSwATyfN4[/youtube]

Nice flight, Timmy. Looks like you were having good fun. Hope you have a blast with it.

lostkiwi said:
Enjoy yourself with it, but make sure you know the rules when using it.

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid ... geid=16012

You'll notice night flights are not permitted....

Yeah, I have just noticed that, which is a shame but I guess it means I don't have to get the headlight set!

Having read those rules it seems to me we can't "just fly our multi rotors" without getting permission from everyone in the world.

That's a pretty bold first flight! Did you maintain contact with the camera the entire time?

It's much more relaxed in the uk

Night flights are great as you can see the quad over large distances (camera doesn't work in the dark tho')

Maiden flight? Taking it up like that without "knowing" the phantom, how it feels, how it handles, in a windy condition....
You have bigger balls then me. But then again, the big balled phantoms are the ones that get lost, get stuck into trees, crash and blow up (well, maybe not blow up).
don't get me wrong here, not offending you or anything. But as a first time flyer, to take it up like that.. over a neighbourhood.... We'll see you in the news somewhere this year for sure :)

just my 2 cents

Mini-geek said:
It's much more relaxed in the uk

Night flights are great as you can see the quad over large distances (camera doesn't work in the dark tho')

Note that was a UK link I posted.

Basically be sensible. Its unlikely anyone will get too annoyed as long as you consider others. I wouldn't do night flights personally as that would call a lot more attention to you and there is a much greater likelihood of a crash into something you haven't seen, let alone you are more likely to lose your aircraft if something does go wrong.
Just my opinion.

Musicman said:
Maiden flight? Taking it up like that without "knowing" the phantom, how it feels, how it handles, in a windy condition....
You have bigger balls then me. But then again, the big balled phantoms are the ones that get lost, get stuck into trees, crash and blow up (well, maybe not blow up).
don't get me wrong here, not offending you or anything. But as a first time flyer, to take it up like that.. over a neighbourhood.... We'll see you in the news somewhere this year for sure :)

just my 2 cents

Not at all offended, I have flown smaller choppers before so used to the controls.

Going to see if I can reach the church in the video tonight.

+ 10 on the night flying being better on the eyes. spot lights & strobon on the rear. but I don't fly over land. not pissing off anyone, that's pretty good nose in for first time, looks like youv done some rc stuff before, or just gifted that way... by the way there's a big field behind your house you could fly over, sure wish we had big lots of land like that here. 20 sq miles, that's it, but lots of ocean . be safe. stay out of the news ;)

Took it out twice yesterday, first flight I went way over to the church you saw in the first video, maintained contact the entire time with fpv. Second time it was dark and took it over the field, looks great at night! Getting much better with the controls now. Decided to order some stuff last night, spent another 140 quid and got that disapproving look from the wife, ordered:

Vision blades
2 x 4000mah batteries
Larger battery door
Blue and red LED spots
Flytrex core

Watch this space!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member