Get ready for Christmas!!

Reaction score
Everybody needs to get ready for the onslaught of "my P3 fell out of the sky". I promise you this forum will be overrun with these threads. There are just too many people buying and receiving them and they don't realize this is not a toy. You can buy a $50.00 copter or quad but when you move up to a P3, well, you know. It's not unbox and fly. It is easy to fly but there is a lot you need to read and practice before shoving a battery in and taking off to see how high and how far it will go. You heard it here first!

Absolutely agree. I went through two small Latrax alias units before moving up to a P1.1.1
Now flying a P3A gives me an appreciation for going through all the checks before flying. Planning,maintenance and upkeep is a big part of success.

This happened in the P2, FC40 forums around Christmas last year....I know as that's when I got my first phantom (but didn't have issues)

I agree,I work at Bestbuy and we started selling them. I would say 95 percent of the phantoms I've sold are for kids under the age of 18. Hell a kid came in last week with his mom and bought a standard,the kid was 10 years old!!! As much as l love Bestbuy I wish they wouldn't sell items like this and just let the hobby shops deal with these items.

Reactions: 4kskyguy and eBird
I agree,I work at Bestbuy and we started selling them. I would say 95 percent of the phantoms I've sold are for kids under the age of 18. Hell a kid came in last week with his mom and bought a standard,the kid was 10 years old!!! As much as l love Bestbuy I wish they wouldn't sell items like this and just let the hobby shops deal with these items.
A 10 year old thats freakin crazy!!! I think there should be an age limit of at least 16 years old, you could cause some serious damage to someone if flown irresponsibly which lets face it most kids will, then a load more restrictions will be put into place where to fly these birds that will spoil it for everyone else....its bound to happen sooner or later!!

A 10 year old thats freakin crazy!!! I think there should be an age limit of at least 16 years old, you could cause some serious damage to someone if flown irresponsibly which lets face it most kids will, then a load more restrictions will be put into place where to fly these birds that will spoil it for everyone else....its bound to happen sooner or later!!
I agree 110 percent! I always like to ask the customers I sell the phantoms or solos to and see what they plain on using them for,most say just for messing around. I had a kid in high school using it to record his schools football games. But with the way the displays are set up in the store people are just impulse buying these and don't know how dangerous these can be.

Hey look at the bright side there might come some extra battery's or parts for sale pretty cheap. Cause most people that buy them after they crash them they don't bother with them anymore

I tell ya', I've had mP3A for probably 8 months or so, not long after they became available, and I have updated firmware, batteries, manuals, and more than I can remember. It ain't easy! These kids, or adults for that matter, that get these P3's are in for a learning shock or yes, there will be lots of parts and batteries for sale. I can't say this enough, RTFM, watch the videos, read the forum and know what you are doing because when the shyte hits the fan, you better know what to do, because the shyte WILL hit the fan somewhere along the line. I know I have got a little tight back there once or twice. Anyway, good luck with your new "toy" and PM me with those batteries.

Reactions: Navigator181
Best Buy is not a hobby store and never will be. I personally do not think big box retailers and manufacturers should be unleashing these to the walk-in idiots that saw one on Youtube and thought it was cool. This will be chaotic and will ruin this hobby for responsible pilots. I'm sure there will be responsible purchasers out there, but that will be outweighed by teenagers and carelessness,

Unbelievable! Ten year olds! I once had a neighbor ask me about mine. The sort of questions someone truly interested in getting one. Then he mentioned his grandson. That's when I said "why don't you get him a 9 mm pistol while you're at it?" He wondered what I meant. I'm like, man, you know the capability of this thing? You know the cost? We grew up kicking balls and riding bikes and those did the job. A laptop or a playstation makes sense. But a 1000 buck, mile range drone? Are these people nuts?

I am a father of 3 and they fly mine with range limits and safety's on and me right next to them and I will be getting them drones for Christmas but smaller ones that the can only fly in the fields at my house seeing I live out in the middle of no where and the ones they will be getting have very minimal range I would never let them have free range with min p3

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj