Get my tablet higher on the controller

Reaction score
With my Phantom 2 I use to set up my FPV screen on a tripod, at head height. This was great as I could see my Phantom and what the GoPro was seeing at once. Now however with my Phantom 3 the tablet mount is on the controller so I have to continually look up at my P3 then down at my controller to frame my shots.

Is there any nifty little device out there to raise up my tablet height? I could just mount my tablet on a tripod however this will be annoying as you have the cable attached, which wasn't an issue with my P2 as the FPV was separate to the controller. Any ideas?

Good question, looking at the RC it would seem one could put an extension support at the holders screw before the cradle, maybe like 3 inches...
Good question...
Some 3D printer owner should be able to come up with something. $$$

Last edited:
Yeah that is what I was thinking. I thought saw something a couple of weeks ago, but can't seem to find it again.

With my Phantom 2 I use to set up my FPV screen on a tripod, at head height. This was great as I could see my Phantom and what the GoPro was seeing at once. Now however with my Phantom 3 the tablet mount is on the controller so I have to continually look up at my P3 then down at my controller to frame my shots.

Is there any nifty little device out there to raise up my tablet height? I could just mount my tablet on a tripod however this will be annoying as you have the cable attached, which wasn't an issue with my P2 as the FPV was separate to the controller. Any ideas?
I have a tripod with a flat 12" x 12" 1/4" clear acrylic sheet on the top of the tripod that I set my controller and I pad on when I fly. I keep it secured with Velcro. if I want to sit in a chair or stand up, the tripod will adjust to the height that I need. Works well and allows me to set up in shady spots to fly if trees are around-- Getting pretty lazy in my old age, I like my folding chair and the controller sitting on the tripod table.:):)

I have a tripod with a flat 12" x 12" 1/4" clear acrylic sheet on the top of the tripod that I set my controller and I pad on when I fly. I keep it secured with Velcro. if I want to sit in a chair or stand up, the tripod will adjust to the height that I need. Works well and allows me to set up in shady spots to fly if trees are around-- Getting pretty lazy in my old age, I like my folding chair and the controller sitting on the tripod table.:):)

I use to love using a tripod. Unfortunately I move around a bit when flying and since the tablet has to be connected via a wire it is a bit too annoying to do.

I fly around houses all of the time for real estate videos and for structure inspections. I also like to have my monitor up higher because I constantly need to switch from LOS/FPV. I need to be able to move all around the structure so my monitor can't just sit on a tripod.

I have a shoulder mount for my DIY multirotor FPV monitor. (mount link in the YT notes) The shoulder rig has a standard 1/4 inch camera/tripod mount. It is solid as a rock. I could run a marathon with it on. I am thinking that I will get one of those tablet holders that mount to a camera/tripod screw and use for my P3 also. I haven't tried it yet, but it should work.

Looks like quite a set up you have there. Did get me thinking. Have ordered a camera shoulder support which I can set up my iPad on. Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav