Get Member "Pull_Up" Autograph

With all this scrambling regards (mis)representation, controlled distribution (think De Beers), and secret lists, it strikes me as an area ripe for the sale of forgeries ... and that opens up a new line of business, authenticity verification. So Pull_Up will need to get to work on a signature exemplar. (Nothing is simple once money is involved - as this thread proves).

Question ... will the more valuable autographs be signed with his given name, or with Pull_Up, or both? And imagine if he were to sign with a soldering iron - those would be rare - it boggles the mind. Which leads one to the notion of a line of soldering irons - custom mounted only for display of course ... a tribute to what can be accomplished without actually having to melt metal.

Now that idea I like! A range of soldering irons complete and working in every single way except they'd have no wire coming out the end to plug 'em in to anything to get hot. I could put them in a glass display case - even better, soldering iron in a bottle!

Oh, and for every order from the USA there would be a complimentary pronunciation audio CD included, with exercises to make sure people learn to say "SOLE-DER" not "SAW-DER". Might add a bonus bit explaining why it's quite obviously "I'm building it with Lego" and not "I'm building it with Legos".

Sorry, I'm enjoying this Rioja...

Pull_Up said:
Oh, and for every order from the USA there would be a complimentary pronunciation audio CD included, with exercises to make sure people learn to say "SOLE-DER" not "SAW-DER". Might add a bonus bit explaining why it's quite obviously "I'm building it with Lego" and not "I'm building it with Legos".

Sorry, I'm enjoying this Rioja...

I reckon

Pull_Up said:
learn to say "SOLE-DER" not "SAW-DER"

I'd never given it much thought before but I have been known to say I'm SOLEDERING that connection with a SAWDERING iron. Guess it just depends on which voice I'm listening to at the time.

Visioneer said:
With all this scrambling regards (mis)representation, controlled distribution (think De Beers), and secret lists, it strikes me as an area ripe for the sale of forgeries ... and that opens up a new line of business, authenticity verification. So Pull_Up will need to get to work on a signature exemplar. (Nothing is simple once money is involved - as this thread proves).

Question ... will the more valuable autographs be signed with his given name, or with Pull_Up, or both? And imagine if he were to sign with a soldering iron - those would be rare - it boggles the mind. Which leads one to the notion of a line of soldering irons - custom mounted only for display of course ... a tribute to what can be accomplished without actually having to melt metal.

How about a line of soldering iron holders that are replicas of a certain coffee cup? Inside the cup, half of it's a sponge for cleaning the tip and the other half holds a spring to store your iron? With a genuine "Pull_Up" autograph on the bottom. There's a little button right under the "_" in pull up that plays back his dog whining whenever you lift the cup and put it down... Just an idea.

(If I see one on eBay I'll be sicking "Smile & Tan, LLC, Inc," on yerass...) :D :D :D

-slinger

simon-mug.jpg

Keri tells me he can have these rolling off the RP assembly line in TWO WEEKS TOPS!!!! (Right after the R&D... Beta Testing... Fixture building

gunslinger said:

Schenso said:
Nice cup! Going for a pre-order.. AGAIN!

You'll need to get on the double secret list first... We have our own imaginative way of setting the order of the list that has absolutely no basis on that old hackneyed "first come, first served" tripe !!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Pull_Up said:
That's no cup, it's a MUG!

No... that's a cup... covering a mug... :D

Pull_Up said:
That's no cup, it's a MUG!

Oohh.. sorry angry man ;) , next time i'll call it a mug!

gunslinger said:
You'll need to get on the double secret list first... We have our own imaginative way of setting the order of the list that has absolutely no basis on that old hackneyed "first come, first served" tripe !!!

Damnit, how much money do you need for that imaginary double secret list? I will never start a new hobby again.

- P2V $$$
- Extra battery $$$
- Antenna mod $$$
- Case $$$
- Rotorpixel $$$
- cup.. uhh MUG! $$$
- imaginary double secret list $$$

******* hell :evil:

Excuse Me....... Hey Mr. Simon!

...just me dropping off the Sharpie supply for next weeks Autograph Signings. :lol:

snewton.jpg

So now we have the truth, Simon IS selling merchandise as evidenced by his announcement of soldering irons. I knew this to be the case all the time which is why I was handling the sales for him as he didn't want to be seen to be cashing in. Its this sort of behaviour that led to the banking crisis. Well I know where the bodies are buried and unless I get a serious wad of cash I am going on the witness protection scheme and handing everything to the police. You can stop this war Simon but now I want a woofing mug with a non working soldering iron and your signature burnt onto the shell of a Phantom that DJI certify did actually fly away.....

flyNfrank said:
Excuse Me....... Hey Mr. Simon!

...just me dropping off the Sharpie supply for next weeks Autograph Signings. :lol:

snewton.jpg

Actually laughed out loud on this one... :lol: :lol: :lol:

-slinger

Bigvern said:
gunslinger said:

Gunslinger can you please put me on the pre order list for the first batch of left handed one's !

Left handed.... KERI !!! STOP THE PRESSES!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31