Get logs after Battery Overcurrent, Flyaway+Crash

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Today I tried to go for a flight and got and as soon as my P3P took off it started behaving very erratically and went out of control. While it was going nuts in the air I got a battery overcurrent warning before the p3 went out of sight. I was lucky enough to find it in the middle of the street a block away with no injuries or property damage, but the drone is in bad shape. The camera is broken at the gimbal arm, all 4 props busted and damage to the shell.

I would like to download the flight log but the p3 just makes short rapid beeps with a red light on the VPS module. The "enter flight data mode" is not available on my screen either. Is there any way to get the log out?

For some background, the other day I was flying in pretty high winds and I got a battery damaged warning during flight. I returned home right away but had some control difficulty and swapped batteries and all went well after that. Today I wanted to see if it was a one time error or not so I put the "bad" battery back in and was just going to hover a bit to see what happened. The above story is the result.

I don't have a theory about the behavior, but I would suggest removing props before performing this type of test in the future.

Is there any way to get the log out?
It's simplest to look at the log recorded by the app to your phone/tablet.
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone here might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

Just got an email that my drone has been repaired by DJI, but they won't respond as to what caused the eratic flight behavior.

Has anyone heard of a damaged battery causing this kind or problem or have any ideas why ut would? Without understanding what happened I'll have a very hard time trusting my drone not to hurt someone!

Reactions: randyvanscoy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen