Get Firmware Version Failed. Solved

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1483921851.037916.jpg

Hey guys! Here is my issue.
I have not used my bird in almost a year and it worked great when I put it away.
My DJI go app updated itself to v3.1.2 and I flew my bird without noticing any difference... until it got 100m away, "controller signal low" then changed to "signal lost" .
I knew something was not right lol so ... I decided to update my firmware to "maybe" match the new DJI GO APP's settings and such.

My birds original firmware was v1.1.30
I upgraded to v1.5.70 via memory card because no matter what I did or using multiple devices a download or upgrade prompt never came up on DJI go.
after the firmware update Now I'm left with camera functions ONLY and my controller will not pair properly tried several times.
Please feel free to ask questions about details I missed. Thanks guys[emoji18]

Please feel free to ask questions about details I missed.

Most important first step.............

Since you were using a firmware version older than 1.3.20 you must install 1.3.20 first before installing a newer version of the firmware. 1.3.20 needs to be installed on your remote controller and batteries.

I posted also the full instructions for the process as outlined in www.phantomhelp.com for installing this to the other post we were discussing. You will find that site is pretty amazing for all your Phantom needs.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1483980949.568495.jpg

This combination worked fine up to 100m.
Constantly lost signal time and time again.
This is why I updated my firmware.
DJI go app on 3 new different apple devices could not find a firmware upgrade or downgrade
So I mistakenly just updated via "prepared" memory card while connected to the controller and the DJI go app via wifi.
Now I have a mess! How do I rectify my error ?

This morning I opened the DJI go app and finally... a firmware upgrade prompt ! Now my controller is updated and all works great again.
Just gotta go test this weekend and see if I can still get over a mile away. [emoji4]

This morning I opened the DJI go app and finally... a firmware upgrade prompt ! Now my controller is updated and all works great again.
Just gotta go test this weekend and see if I can still get over a mile away.
emoji4.png

Great news - pleased to hear it. Happy n safe flying!

Reactions: LanaRain

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik