Get Drone Insurance Now (New Guy)

Reaction score
Being a New Guy and reading the crashing posts, I today got my Drone Insurance from State Farm. Had to go through 3 Agents but found one that was willing to check for me. Total Cost $60.00 year !
Hope this helps !!

Well, ironically I just checked with our local State Farm office here in Saltillo, MS and they do indeed insure drones for personal or hobby use only AND when flown over your own property! I was shocked at the "on property" statement because no one on here has ever mentioned that requirement. I had already insured mine through Farm Bureau here but it is $100 deductible and does not cover "fly aways" or "lost drones". I have already had a claim when my Phantom 4 flipped over and power dived into the ground from about 200 feet and DJI would not warranty it because apparently that was impossible! Anyway, those of you who have insured yours through State Farm should check on that possible exclusion if not flying on your own property because if there was a claim from not being on your own land it might not pay! Just a quick phone call, or a review of your policy would clear this up. Someone please post here what you find out.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Did st farm also tell you that if you file a claim in the first year that they would not re-write the policy for three years?

Last edited:
Had a crash today. I have no separate drone insurance but I have found out I'm covered by my home insurance with £100 excess to pay.

Checked with my State farm agent and got this response:

>>>I was looking over our underwriting guidelines on insuring your drone. It does not specifically state that the drone can only be flown over your own property, therefore, a claim cannot be denied if there is an incident outside of your property. They do however recommend that you refer to the Federal Aviation Administration and the Academy of Model Aeronautics for information on the safe operation of a drone and regulations

In regards to claims, in my experience with State Farm, I have not seen a policy cancel for one loss. If there is more than one claim filed, our claims office will send notice to our underwriting department for review. They in turn decide whether the policy is renewed or cancelled. But again, it is not an automatic cancellation for one claim being filed.<<<

Interesting how there are differences between each separate agent on some of the details. I'm going to recheck the one time claim statement that I was initially told.

I had a drone insured by State Farm for 2 months, It took a dip in a pond. They covered it no questions asked. It was on my property, but no one asked. I bought a new one and called to get insurance on it. I expected to pay. They said no. Just give us the serial number. You've already paid for a year. It didn't affect my home owners. But I was questioned at a later time when adding home owners to another house. They did say it did t affect my rates. ( long winded, but I hope it helps)

Reactions: Texas Gonzo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.