George WAshinton Bridge Flyover

Mute point. Regulation is here. Long distance FPV is overkill now unless you live in a remote area where no one sees you flying. FAA made their stand. FAA didn't tell us before but they did now.

d4ddyo said:
Mute point. Regulation is here. Long distance FPV is overkill now unless you live in a remote area where no one sees you flying. FAA made their stand. FAA didn't tell us before but they did now.

Likely because the RTF quads with stabilization out there now made armchair pilots a reality. Those people typically want instant gratification and not go through the time to learn the proper etiquette of flying RC aircraft (of which these, technically, are).

Get all your cool shots now before flying these close to any crowded public structure is illegal! We're already screwed, no way is this going to stay unregulated. DO IT, FLY NOW! FILM IT ALL!!!! :lol:

thongbong said:
Get all your cool shots now before flying these close to any crowded public structure is illegal! We're already screwed, no way is this going to stay unregulated. DO IT, FLY NOW! FILM IT ALL!!!! :lol:

Hahaha... well we can't fly at national parks in the USA anymore.

LuvMyTJ said:
Keep this on track or we will be forced to locket down. Speak your peace but refrain from personal attacks and name calling. Thanks guys.

Plus One!

It's a great topic of conversation if we can keep it civil!

d4ddyo said:
ScottH said:
No I'm simply commenting on what I believe to be irresponsible flying, which at some point will result in an incident, or worse. Sure, the perspective is amazing.. I love that part about the hobby. It lures you to do this type of flying. But do we really need one of the tour helicopters that frequent that corridor reporting to ATC about your drone? It's bad press we don't need. And btw, I HAVE flown that close to the GWB shooting from a 206.

No need to get your panties in a bunch. There are always extremes. There will be people that will push the extreme, those that wish they had the balls the push the extreme, and those that don't have the desire what so ever to push the extreme.

I have news for you... this is just the beginning. With Hubsan and Walkera among other companies crossing the line from toy to hobby with drones (I don't believe drone is a bad word)... that limit will be pushed even further. Think of just Hubsan coming out with a phantom clone including GPS and FPV for about $500. Think of Walkera coming out with a large size drone that can carry a DSLR with retractable legs all in it's own carry case for about as much as I spent on P2 with GOPRO and FPV equipment.

Regulation is coming whether you like it or not. You are barking up the wrong tree. The problem is going to come from a dope that couldn't afford the hobby of a Phantom but can with the Hubsan at 1/4 the cost that gives it to their teenage kid who mucks it all up.

The problem is not going to come from serious hobbyist like us. My phantom is being used for Aerial Photography. I have scratch build that are much faster and do not have GPS that are flown manually (maybe auto level) that I do not fly in congested areas for pure FPV fun. That I can fly in my back yard... i don't need the GWB or NYC for that.

I didn't buy a phantom for strictly the joy of flying. I get that from my scratch builds. I got a phantom for strictly Aerial Photography which is really boring UNTIL you can piece together a cool video that documents your experience.

I'm just an amateur novice but I hope that I can put together better and better videos. I used GoPro Studios because my mac video card is acting really retarded.

Your reply here is the drum i have been beating for some time now.

These things are being and will be regulated and one idiot is not going to change that
People are going to do things that "we" personally may disagree with ! Get over it
Some of you have done things i would never do!
I have done things some of you will never do!
If you do something stupid and it impacts my flying! Not my job to control you and not safe for me to try! lol
When the regulation comes that i may not like is there a scapegoat i can blame it on? Ok now what?

Will we forget about the cops fabricating a story to build negative attention towards UAV's? Yeah most people already forgot about it especially the ones who wrongfully tried these guys in the public without even knowing the facts and details.

eckoner said:
These things are being and will be regulated and one idiot is not going to change that
People are going to do things that "we" personally may disagree with ! Get over it
Will we forget about the cops fabricating a story to build negative attention towards UAV's? Yeah most people already forgot about it especially the ones who wrongfully tried these guys in the public without even knowing the facts and details.
I feel ya. These situations have really brought out the people who are the kind of folks who would love to be the president of their local Homeowners Association. Measuring people's lawn growth, hedge heights, on-street vehicle parking, and yard signs of any type. Nothing thrills these people more than alerting you to the fact that you are in violation of some obscure ordinance or another... it comforts and validates them. (Now not everyone is like this, but you can tell the type a mile away...)

From the city of drone paranoia, New York. A follow up on the Andrea Mears psycho lady case, pay no attention to that... just read the last paragraph.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/25985840/c ... drone-case

"Privacy issues surrounding drones are becoming a larger issue, especially as they become less expensive. A $49.99 drone kit is for sale now that will even turn a paper airplane into a drone."

Are people so dim witted nowadays they think a paper airplane with a motor is an invasion of privacy?

d4ddyo said:
I hope you guys are actually reacting accordingly to the regulations.

Watch this video if you don't know how to make a difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYs815t4knQ#t=253

The AMA will stick up for the old school pilots, and in the end the FAA ruling will be the following, flying in clubs, fields, unpopulated areas will be legal. FPV in crowded areas, over open populations, dense city structures, will be illegal. FPV for emergency use will be regulated. And they hit it square on the head, paranoia. How do I know? I just came back from the future at 88mph.

thongbong said:
From the city of drone paranoia, New York. A follow up on the Andrea Mears psycho lady case, pay no attention to that... just read the last paragraph.

That would be Connecticut, not New York. And drone paranoia is not exactly an issue limited to NYC, is it? It seems there are a number of people around the country who would consider anything hovering near their property an immediate candidate for target practice. Further to that, you may recall a few reasons as to why NYC may be a little extra concerned about things flying through the air above the city.

ianwood said:
thongbong said:

That would be Connecticut, not New York. And drone paranoia is not exactly an issue limited to NYC, is it? It seems there are a number of people around the country who would consider anything hovering near their property an immediate candidate for target practice. Further to that, you may recall a few reasons as to why NYC may be a little extra concerned about things flying through the air above the city.

Reference was to the location of the George Washington Bridge, located in New York, hence I posted in this thread, because myfoxny.com is a New York based news group. I'm aware the article says "connecticut-woman-granted-probation-in-drone-case". Hence, I wrote "pay no attention to that... just read the last paragraph". And I agree with you on all other counts. Didn't mean to bash your state if you're from New York, sir. I've been following drone-fear from all over the US.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.