Geo System beta problems- is there any other way around No Fly Zones?

Reaction score
I need a workaround for NFZ's. I have an upcoming job whose area merges into the 2 mile radius of our local airport and the P3P will not fire up. It looks like the GEO system beta is a solution but I'm having problems both with the aircraft firmware and the android app.

After installing the firmware the app is telling me that the camera firmware needs to be updated? This, to my knowledge, was never a separate update. At any rate, I wasn't able to solve that one so I went ahead and updated to the latest non-beta firmware version 1.07.0060. Does anyone know if this newer firmware is compatible with their GEO system program? And if not is there anyway to backdate to the beta version to give it another shot? As usual, trying to communicate with DJI directly about this is less than trivial.

I am also trying to update the DJI Go app to their beta version in order to use with GEO system but my tablet (Samsung Tab S) is not having it. I open the file on the tablet, select install, but it continues to say "app not installed" as if the older DJI Go app is not present on the device. What am I missing here?

Sorry, lots of questions. I just need to get around this NFZ, we also intend to get footage of a handful of events AT the airport this summer, so getting this P3P to work there is crucial.

Are there any other ways of getting into the no fly zones? Is Litchi a solution?

I've been trying to figure out the same thing, need to shoot across the street from a stadium. App says red no fly zone, DJI.com says it's just an advisory.

I hear Litchi won't help because the NFZ is a firmware issue and it's built into the drone. But that's just what I hear.

Yeah, I think you're correct. Using litchi to get around them would be far too easy of a solution. I'm waiting on a response from DJI at the moment about this.

Mods, have you ever considered a "professional" sub-forum? I feel like some issues might be appropriate in such a category.

Anyone have any input on this issue? Someone else has to be struggling with this problem!

I can't imagine having to go with airplane+gopro on this one...

Yea, Me too. Drone would not start today in Shanghai. I was over 2 miles from the airport and no where near the flight trajectories or runways. All I needed was 2 or 300 '
DJI, this really sucks. Professionals are smart enough to stay out of the way and we depend on a safe reliable product. You need to deal with this.

DJI, this really sucks. Professionals are smart enough to stay out of the way and we depend on a safe reliable product.

I doubt they have any regard to that. A month ago I had to abandon a flight because Dji Go wanted an update. And there was no "skip" or "update later", anything like that. Just "do an update now or no fly, we don't care whether you're 100km from nearest wifi".

Drone would not start today in Shanghai. I was over 2 miles from the airport and no where near the flight trajectories or runways. All I needed was 2 or 300 '

I think there is an unofficial firmware that deals with this problem.
There also is an unofficial fix to the Dji Go forced updates.

Looks like using official Dji software will soon get out of fashion.

Have you tried using an iOS device? I am an Android guy that swore to not use iOS despite using a mac. I tried with Android and now have an iPad... so smooth.

Excuse my ignorance, but can you not get a nofly clearance? I am admittedly naive on this, but could the authority having jurisdiction give you written permission that you could submit to DJI?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1