Geo fencing

Reaction score
I see there is a new update for the DJI Go app that includes the geofencing. Hopefully those of us in the older firmware will still be able to fly as well, it sounds like there will be a new firmware update coming that includes the geofencing to keep from flying into restricted areas.

DJI Saves Us From Stupid With Geofencing
DJI Saves Us From Stupid With Geofencing

Sent from my Nexus 5X using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last sentence of the article - "DJI’s GEO feature is available on all Inspire models, the Phantom 4, Phantom 3 Pro and the Phantom 3 Advanced."
No mention of the standard, I'm curious if this will affect us.

upgrade with CAUTION. I was told that the updates were 'allowing' to check boxes saying authorized to fly in certain areas . . . I'm here due to it NOT working! Now I have a paperweight with PROPS ! I believe I can get the aircraft and controller back to older (WORKING) version firmware, but not sure about the APP. I know there is a way to pull old APKs, wish will probably be a pain ~ :(

My advice -- ask alot of questions from those you trust before upgrading --- IF you are concerned ~

I was hesitant to upgrade as well, but after reading more about it and talking to others that have done it I went a head and took the plunge. I've notice no change in flight, range or stability of app and craft. The only change I see is the "option" to toggle geo fencing on. With it off it behaves just like it did before on previous firmware/app....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj