Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Geo fencing

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by yankee65, Feb 28, 2016.

1. yankee65

I'm confused as to how some people can't fly anywhere near airports. I thought these weren't supposed to even be able to start the motors near airports. I tried it near Bradley airport in Connecticut and it started right up, I was within 100 yards of the place. No I didn't fly, just wanted to see if it would even start. It's a P3S.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. tcope

With 100 yards of what exactly? Are you sure you had a GPS lock?

That airport is Class B so the motors won't start within .6 miles of the middle of the airport.

You can watch DJI's video for more information:

No FLY Zones | DJI

However.... DJI's No Fly map only shows Bradley Airport in blue and no red fencing. DJI states it's the red air where the motors won't start and a yellow area where the flight height will be limited, depending on the distance.

Right now things appear to be in a state of flux. DJI's no fly zones have not been completely accurate or indepth. They are currently in beta testing to create new and more accurate no-fly zones.

3. yankee65

I was roughly 100 yards from the airport yes I had gps lock. I thought it being a major airport it wouldn't even start, was very surprised it did

4. yankee65

Thanks for the link. Guess it's not as major an airport as I thought