Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Genettico's Pics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Genettico, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Genettico

So... I have been reading the forums for about a week or so. Tons of great info.
    I thought I share my phantom with you guys since I figured it would be appreciated here more than anywhere else ;) !
    I bought all the parts and (zenmuse,Fatshark, screen etc) and put it all together myself (I.E soldering and configuring) as well as the custom Vinyl and paint job. I love it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DeweyAXD

Re: Genettico here!

Hi Genettico - noticed your thread dropping down the page and thought I'd step up and welcome you to the forum! Nice customised job you've done there. I really like the matt/gloss transition to it.

How have you found it as far as Zenmuse usage? Plug and play with no problems or have you had any niggles?

3. Genettico

Thank you. I was wondering if someone would ever say anything. I have to say Im glad there is still people like you, who have manners ( even thru cyberspace)...i dont know what that says.... Lol... Anyways...Zenmuse is not plug and play.... You have to solder some connections, then configure it.. However I have not had any issues in the few weeks I have own the Phantom.. I have flown it over 50 times now, and knock on wood.... Love it. I did noticed like many before the yaw issues on video, but that is an inherit issue with 2 axis gimbals... I played with gain settings and Im really happy with results, and I just started using After effects Warp stabilizer and it helps on smoothing video a bit more. A nice package to get some cool vids on a budget. :D

4. Genettico

So I added directional leg extensions by color...red front... Back black to match color theme Here it is just finished

[​IMG]

5. fizzviic

Very nice indeed!

6. Genettico

Thank you kindly

7. Audaciter

What did you manufacture the leg extensions from ? Looks like possibly Delrin.

8. Genettico

Actually They are not. They are 3D printed. I like these better.

9. PJA

PJA

10. Genettico

11. Audaciter

Thank's for the link. I purchased a set last night. I was going to make a set just like that out of white Delrin,
    but you really can't beat $10 having them already made.

I may end up modding them to house LED lights. (I've become LED obsessed lately). ;)

12. Genettico

Well.. The problem is not there with the bone stock DJI legs... Only when I put the extensions on it.the extensions allow for the legs to become visible on the gopro's fov.