Generic microSD card won't work

Reaction score
I have a generic micro SD card that is 64gb class 10 hc that doesn't want to be recognized by my pc or phantom 3. In the phantom 3 the card reads as "invalid card". I've tried formatting the card within the phantom but it failed and a message would tell me it failed. My galaxy 3 phone can read the card. So I'm wondering how to make it readable?

Try formatting it in your PC instead (not in the phantom)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is the lock switch on ?
Turn it off.
Try formatting in a PC.
Not recognized it's defective return it for a replacement .

Try formatting it in your PC instead (not in the phantom)

Is the lock switch on ?
Turn it off.
Try formatting in a PC.
Not recognized it's defective return it for a replacement .

Recognized, but unable to open folder. Shows as 0mb. Already had a Sandisk returned from this company.

There are a lot of counterfeit memory cards out there, and many of them are inferior. I've seen guides showing how to spot the phony SanDisk ones, very subtle differences. Buy from a reputable dealer, and if it sounds too good to be true...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Download the test program here:
https://download.heise.de/software/319df515fa5b3aac2fff1e441348f120/56f6c570/3582/h2testw_1.4.zip

Last edited:
The only one I was able to use in my P3S was the original SanDisk 8gb that came with it and the Samsung EVO 32gb & 64gb. I have tried many others including SanDisk that I bought from store and they don't work. Walmart.com has the Samsung EVO 32gb for $10 and the 64gb for $20 and if for some reason those don't work for you walmart will take it back but I know theres a lot of P3S users out there that including myself that use the Samsung EVO with no error or invalid messages

Reactions: Techcop50
...Walmart.com has the Samsung EVO 32gb for $10 and the 64gb for $20
That's my preference, as well. I've always had good luck with Samsung cards, I think the big memory names might make bigger targets for the counterfeiters.

It's recommended to use the Sandisk Ultra on the phantoms .
I know people get away with others but I'm just repeating what I've been told .

Says who? Are you making this stuff up?

Easy there Rambo

I don't make anything up.
I've also had problems with non Sandisk ultra cards . I've read tons of the same issue .
Do a little research of your own .

Reactions: peterepeat69

SanDisk is also what's recommended for our in-car video systems where I work. That's how I learned about the rampant phonies. SanDisk is great, as long as it is genuine.

I've tried every SanDisk including the ultras and they didn't work. I've only had problems with SanDisk (for the P3S) There's some P3S users that are having luck with SanDisk but a lot are not when upgrading to a bigger card. It seems like the P3A's & P3P's have no problems with SanDisk. For me I will always buy Samsung EVO cards because I know they work for what I need....plus they are cheaper [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: gvsukids
I've tried every SanDisk including the ultras and they didn't work. I've only had problems with SanDisk (for the P3S) There's some P3S users that are having luck with SanDisk but a lot are not when upgrading to a bigger card. It seems like the P3A's & P3P's have no problems with SanDisk. For me I will always buy Samsung EVO cards because I know they work for what I need....plus they are cheaper [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I recently started to switch from SanDisk to Samsung and haven't had any issues. I'm using Samsung in my other devices with no problems. I would buy my SanDisk from places like Best Buy, b&h and Amazon. So I know their authentic. Hopefully I can keep my good luck with Samsung.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic