General P3A Health

Reaction score
I found a variety of posts related to diagnostics after crashing a drone, but I am looking to sell my P3A and would like to run a "general" diagnostics, if there is such a thing, just to make sure the drone is healthy before I sell it.

I've had a couple small low-altutide bumps, nothing major but a small crack on the shell at the end of last year. But how do I make sure it's in perfect working order so I can advertise it as such, other than flying it which I did tonight without issue.

Any way to use FatShark hd with P4?
I know that the controller is missing the Hdi that inspire has, but I am sure that there has to be a trick to fly fpv with this cool FatShark

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I found a variety of posts related to diagnostics after crashing a drone, but I am looking to sell my P3A and would like to run a "general" diagnostics, if there is such a thing, just to make sure the drone is healthy before I sell it.

I've had a couple small low-altutide bumps, nothing major but a small crack on the shell at the end of last year. But how do I make sure it's in perfect working order so I can advertise it as such, other than flying it which I did tonight without issue.
I asked something similar a while back. After some back and forth I realized it wasn't even worth selling.... Are you buying another? Dji has lowered the price so much it has driven the used market down too. For me, selling wasn't worth it, I kept it.

I asked something similar a while back. After some back and forth I realized it wasn't even worth selling.... Are you buying another? Dji has lowered the price so much it has driven the used market down too. For me, selling wasn't worth it, I kept it.

That's a good point. I've only flown my P3A about 10-15 times, and thought I might be able to get $500 or so for it to cover some of the P4.

That's a good point. I've only flown my P3A about 10-15 times, and thought I might be able to get $500 or so for it to cover some of the P4.
FWIW, I just bought a used P3A off CL with 2 batteries and hard backpack for $600. Not a scuff on it with less than 10 cycles on each battery. It's not a sellers market right now.

For those considering selling their P3A, I sold mine on eBay for $699 (including the case and 1 extra battery). The listing sold within 1 hr of my posting it it which shocked me, especially considering I thought the small crack would turn people off (even though it's only cosmetic). While I don't sell much on eBay, I do have 100% positive feedback so that must provide some peace of mind. P4 being delivered tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 376
For those considering selling their P3A, I sold mine on eBay for $699 (including the case and 1 extra battery). The listing sold within 1 hr of my posting it it which shocked me, especially considering I thought the small crack would turn people off (even though it's only cosmetic). While I don't sell much on eBay, I do have 100% positive feedback so that must provide some peace of mind. P4 being delivered tomorrow.
Think you did well there Brett, considering that's a little more than - ahem - "cosmetic" IMO!

Think you did well there Brett, considering that's a little more than - ahem - "cosmetic" IMO!

OK, Serious question. I have flown my P3A 4-5 times since the crack and it has performed flawlessly. I haven't shipped it to the buyer yet, is there something else I should do to make sure the crash didn't cause another problem? 100% positive feedback on Ebay isn't easy to earn, and I have no interest in screwing someone to make a few bucks. As best I can tell the crack is not impacting performance at all. If you have a suggestion please let me know.

OK, Serious question. I have flown my P3A 4-5 times since the crack and it has performed flawlessly. I haven't shipped it to the buyer yet, is there something else I should do to make sure the crash didn't cause another problem? 100% positive feedback on Ebay isn't easy to earn, and I have no interest in screwing someone to make a few bucks. As best I can tell the crack is not impacting performance at all. If you have a suggestion please let me know.

It wasn't a criticism Brett, and I'm not suggesting you're "screwing" the buyer either as you've tested the aircraft after the incident and you've made it clear that damage exists. My point was you're not really correct to say it's cosmetic, inasmuch that the upper shell does give ridigity to the supports of the motors on the lower shell at that point, and it does seem to be completely broken at that point? Nevertheless, $699 is a great price for a P3A, a case and another battery. If l were the buyer, I'd replace the upper shell.

It wasn't a criticism Brett, and I'm not suggesting you're "screwing" the buyer either as you've tested the aircraft after the incident and you've made it clear that damage exists. My point was you're not really correct to say it's cosmetic, inasmuch that the upper shell does give ridigity to the supports of the motors on the lower shell at that point, and it does seem to be completely broken at that point? Nevertheless, $699 is a great price for a P3A, a case and another battery. If l were the buyer, I'd replace the upper shell.
I understand you don't think I was deliberately tying to mislead someone, I am just surprised (and a little disappointed) there doesn't appear to be a diagnostic tool to check my overall P3A health. At least not that I know of.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1