General inquiry about P3 Standard

Are you near wifi interference? Mine won't take off near my house but will fly about 1000' range from 100 m away and over 3000' if I go in the middle of a field , incidentally near 330,000 Volt power lines which seem to have no obvious effect.
I am testing the floor get in a park near my house. There are just one building and only homes.
At are 40 m the app starts saying no swhen goal and gets the drone to go home
Its frustrating me lol

Just replaced my phantom 3 with a new one and again the same problem. This one even worse and it loses rc signal at 35m . Not happy at. Not sure if I she get it replaced by a third one or just return it.

One of my test was having the unit hovering like 200' up and 200' out.
Holding the remote as solid as I could. The signal was jumping around good, poor, weak etc in just few seconds. That's made up my mind to send it in. I also knew how well my P2V+ worked. My replacement unit P3S, if I can see, I have no signal problems.

I would try for a third, I wouldn't keep it.
Let us know.
:)

I just came back from DJI office and they did some fly test and it was loosing signals at 100 up and 180 out. Well as they are now closed for xmas and new yr so they asked me to come back in Jan if I have the same problem again. Also advised to test in open park. Let's see how it goes as I am planning to go out of Melbourne for test flying

Hi Guys
Well i did a flew flying around with no interferance close by and maximum i could take my Phanton Standard was 200 meters and even than had heaps of warning of signal lost. So last week i took it back to DJI office and had a good argument with them that this is not performing as it should. So they took the drone back and i just got the advance. Paid the difference and now much happier as i did 2 long range flights and no issue on the signal lost.
I assume the issue was due to Standard using same Athena for wifi and also for the drone, may be i might be wrong.

are you pointing the antenna the right way?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Location/ interference also play a big role.

are you pointing the antenna the right way?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Location/ interference also play a big role.
Thanks for sharing this video. And yes i was doing the same as shown in the video. DJI even tested the drone twice. First time they just replaced with a brand new one as that was not even going 40m in range. Second time the drone was able to go around 200 but with lots of signal lost so i asked them to replace with advance which they did.
Overall DJI is really good in customer service and they do try to accomodate the customers. Atleast here in Australia

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers