General Discussion Forum

Re: I reversed the polarity wires when charging my battery

Justiceair said:
I reversed the Positive and Neg leeds on my batter when charging it, I think I may have burned up that battery. Has anyone had that problem and is there anything I can do to save the battery.

I would not take any chances trash the battery and get a new pack these cells can catch fire and expload.

Wow sorry to hear that. But things happen. Drive a nail through it and get a new one. Nail for totally discharging it. Do it outside. Thats what I do to get rid of a lipo. I dont feel safe just throwing them out.

Tom

Newbie in Mexico

Hi,

My name is Rainer and I come from flying traditional RC helicopters of different sizes which I gave up as I am over 60 years an thi8ng the Quadcopter is a more adequate flying object especially having the GPS aid and Home fly back :shock:

Today I got a Phantom and have been reading a lot about flying this Phantom.

Not been able to get into the field yet so my question is: Can I fly this thing in the living room ? How smooth is the hovering process or should I try to test it first outside. ?

At the moment I do my flying with a T-Rex 100 in the living room :)

¿ What is the carrying capacity of the Phantom ? In the DJI site it says hovering weight <1000g and that would mean carrying capacity of 200g. Somewhere else I read 400g.

I plan to put a weight on the lowest part of the landing skids so I have a lower center of gravity.

Thanks for any tips.

regards Rainer

Re: Newbie in Mexico

rsfoto said:
Hi,My name is Rainer and I come from flying traditional RC helicopters of different sizes which I gave up as I am over 60 years an thi8ng the Quadcopter is a more adequate flying object especially having the GPS aid and Home fly back :shock:
Today I got a Phantom and have been reading a lot about flying this Phantom. Not been able to get into the field yet so my question is: Can I fly this thing in the living room ? How smooth is the hovering process or should I try to test it first outside. ?
NOT recommended... Phantom requires GPS satellite lock for hovering in small area, in addition, it has a 6mts/s ascend/descend rate so, your firsts flight will be great outside, open area, no trees / buildings/ wires around.
At the moment I do my flying with a T-Rex 100 in the living room :)
¿ What is the carrying capacity of the Phantom ? In the DJI site it says hovering weight <1000g and that would mean carrying capacity of 200g. Somewhere else I read 400g.

Full weigth must be under 1.200 gr including all stuff.
I plan to put a weight on the lowest part of the landing skids so I have a lower center of gravity.
Thanks for any tips.
regards Rainer

My answers in red

Hi Jumanoc,

NOT recommended... Phantom requires GPS satellite lock for hovering in small area, in addition, it has a 6mts/s ascend/descend rate so, your firsts flight will be great outside, open area, no trees / buildings/ wires around.

Thanks for the tips and sorrry for not following it. You know how it is. New toy must be tested immediately.

Well as intrepid as I am I tried it in the living room and I have to say very nice smooth hovering possible and at an altitude of 3 feet the Phantom gets really calm. I flew in Atti mode. Smooth landing is also possible.

Nice and immediate reaction to all stick movements, etc. I liked it very much. Before testing I made an upgrade to the Maincontroller and everything went smooth. PC <> Phantom communication absolutely troublefree.

Look like the Phantom reacts in the hovering phase in the same way as a conventional Rotor and tail helicopter when getting out of the ground turbulence it nicely stabilizes.

From the short test last night in the living room I surely will have a lot of fun using it outside.

BTW No holes in the living room ceiling :lol:

regards Rainer

Asher9165 said:
Great! Guys,let's start a topic. :lol:

Great! Here's a topic no one seems to want to touch.

In Colin Guinn's DJI tutorial on how to calibrate the compass of the DJI Phantom, the MOD window of the compass calibration section is the same size as the X, Y, Z windows and allows for the display of the full MOD reading.

In the v2.18 Assistant Software download that is available, the MOD window is narrower than the X, Y, Z windows and DOES NOT allow for the display of the full MOD reading. This makes a correct calibration of the compass impossible.

I have addressed this problem several times to DJI, and in several forums, to no avail. Why is it that no one will answer me on this question? Why am I being ignored? Surely this must be a problem for anyone downloading the v2.18 Assistant Software program and yet no one seems to care if they can calibrate their compass correctly or not.

Please allow me to use the V2.18 download that Colin uses in the tutorial so that I may correctly calibrate my compass or tell me why this is not possible. Or, is he using the v2.02 assistant Software program? If I use that one will I screw anything up?

I have no idea at all, but concerning window size I have experienced problems sometimes of the same kind due to screen resolution set. Have you try to change the screen size in order to see if that helps?

Alberto

Where can I look for the bottom board of the damping unit on the Zenmuse H3 - 2D Gimbal. Mine broke and although it works with the other 3 points it is not safe. Have searched everywhere including dealer I purchased from and 3 other notable dealers. Grounded until I have solution.

Thanks in advance for your help

hariman2000

ChrisMohrSr said:
Asher9165 said:
Great! Guys,let's start a topic. :lol:

Great! Here's a topic no one seems to want to touch.

In Colin Guinn's DJI tutorial on how to calibrate the compass of the DJI Phantom, the MOD window of the compass calibration section is the same size as the X, Y, Z windows and allows for the display of the full MOD reading.

In the v2.18 Assistant Software download that is available, the MOD window is narrower than the X, Y, Z windows and DOES NOT allow for the display of the full MOD reading. This makes a correct calibration of the compass impossible.

I have addressed this problem several times to DJI, and in several forums, to no avail. Why is it that no one will answer me on this question? Why am I being ignored? Surely this must be a problem for anyone downloading the v2.18 Assistant Software program and yet no one seems to care if they can calibrate their compass correctly or not.

Please allow me to use the V2.18 download that Colin uses in the tutorial so that I may correctly calibrate my compass or tell me why this is not possible. Or, is he using the v2.02 assistant Software program? If I use that one will I screw anything up?

This error is finally corrected in 2.20 assistant

Adam said:
If it doesn't fit in the other forums, this is the place.
What is the problem with the search engine for the forum it "always" says too many words or too common of term, what can it search?

Patio said:
Adam said:
If it doesn't fit in the other forums, this is the place.
What is the problem with the search engine for the forum it "always" says too many words or too common of term, what can it search?

Use more than 1 word in advanced search.

Hi guys!

I am new here, just bought my DJI Panton 2 Vision,..

Just wanted to say hello, and it did not seem to belong to other fora :)

So, hi everybody!

Best,
EHF

rcphoto said:
Just so you guys know, Dronefly.com has just come out with a preorder for the DJI Phantom 2 w/Gimbal at $869. Thats the best price I've seen around, and they have great customer service!

This is the link to their website!

http://www.dronefly.com/?Click=2507

So how are you related to dronefly, mate?
Do you work there? This is just shady marketing, when you:

a). try to make it sound like you're not affiliated with them.
b). spew plain lies! (when your customer service actually suck based on a few member's experience dealing with your company!)

iO6Pgf1.png

I think that Adam should consider adding a "sponsors" section. Other forums I've been on have them and they work out great. They provide revenue for the forum, group buy savings, and help prevent shady companies from getting free advertising through lies. It also gives us direct contact with the company and they can deal with negative reviews when they get them. It's really too bad to see the companies that have multiple accounts used to promote themselves. People join forums to get help and reviews from other people in their shoes. When you have a fake member giving false info, it destroys the whole meaning behind the forum concept. That's like allowing businesses to join Angie's list. I think if dronefly wanted to pay for a sponsors membership and get ad space and post links to their products, they should be allowed and at the same time should be expect and be able to handle the reviews they receive. If you're on the up and up, you don't need fake profiles.

hi mate, its about the dji phantom ,not drone fly ,so lets get this forum ,up and running .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj