General Discussion Forum

slugger said:
Hi Guys
Could someone give me the original(factory) numbers for pitch and yaw etc for the Phantom.

Thanx

Slug

Go to the DJI Website and download the default factory settings.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Hi everybody!
Im from chile,, so, my english is not very good.
I need a transmitter throttle lever to my phantom, but I dont know where buy.
in Ebay, not find the product, please help me.
Thanks!
Cristobal.

Hello,

Here you get it. The spring is recommended as that one inside a cheap pen (old school) ;)
If spanish needed, tambien te respondo: Shapeways vende la pieza para el TX, pero debes conseguir el resorte. Han recomendado el que viene en los esferos (pen) que se usaban en la escuela :p

https://www.shapeways.com/model/114...r-upgrade.html?li=search-results&materialId=7

674x501_1148750_1115967_1372955726.jpg

I've been flying my Phantom for a couple days now and I don't think I've ever flown anything so smooth and easy to fly. This quad is by far my favorite. I just flew it up a wooded path with not a single problem. It was tight quaters but the Phantom handled it wonderfully. Makes me look like a pro. I had a little trouble with the computer aspect of setting it up but thats just my lack of computer skills.

Tom

Gonna buy the DJI tomorrow from somebody. Considering Atlanta Hobby and UAV. UAV ships free so I'm leaning that way. I'm in the central Texas area but I don't know that location really makes that much difference.

Any advice is much appreciated.

JimMoore said:
Gonna buy the DJI tomorrow from somebody. Considering Atlanta Hobby and UAV. UAV ships free so I'm leaning that way. I'm in the central Texas area but I don't know that location really makes that much difference.

Any advice is much appreciated.

I live within 20 minutes of Atlanta Hobby and I'm in there often. They are good guys and are a major DJI dealer.

Free shipping is pretty nice, though. :D

Thanks for the reply. Atlanta Hobby does have a great site and seems to be extremely knowledgeable regarding the DJI. The free 2 day shipping from UAV and believe it or not, their "about us" page with a comment from the president of the company is pretty impressive.

Hope to hear from a few UAV folks also.

I bought mine from "Heads Up RC" they're in Florida. I got mine there because over the years I've bought a lot of plane parts from them and they have always been fast on the shipping and great on customer service. I got a motor from them and it turned out to be faulty. They didn't say send it back and they would check it out. They sent me a new one the same day. I returned the faulty one in the same box they sent the new one in. They trusted me so I trust them. Thats my 2 cents worth.

Tom

Hey people's,

I just seen something I'm my e-mails people here may be interested in! About a year ago I bought a GoPro mount for my car from VectorMount.com as like most online companies, they sent the odd e-mail with new product releases etc (they once contacted me, and advised they had an "upgrade" for the unit I own, and asked for my shipping address to send it FOC).

Today I seen that they have made an adaptor to use a NON GoPro camera on the Phantom! It's looks fairly basic, but from my previous purchase, the unit does exactly as I hope it would.

Google "VectorMount Phantom" if you wanna know more :)

Here is an update on on my question regarding where to buy the Phantom DJI. I posted earlier that I was going to buy it from UAV because I was impressed with the message from the president (Robert) on their website and because of the free shipping. I was worried about the customer service before I ordered since I had tried to speak with a human about the flyaways I was reading about but was unable to get anyone. But, I ordered from them anyway after reading a post about how good a guy Robert was.

Phantom arrived 5 days after ordering. Since that time, I have tried multiple times to reach someone at UAV regarding the price and a few other questions. I paid $679 only to see the price drop $200 on the first day I had the Phantom. Hard for me to believe UAV was unaware of this. I believe a company that honestly cares about customer service would have let me know this. but given the fact that I can't even get a returned email I guess I should not be surprised.

For comparison sake, before I ordered the Phantom I called Atlanta Hobby, got a human within 1 minute, who gave me some really good information about flyaways and the issue of the GoPro wifi, etc. My only regret is that I did not buy the Phantom from them, even at $679. They deserved my business and will get it from now on.

I ended up buying from Atlanta Hobby. They actually had the Phantoms on Ebay for $579 while they were still $679 on their site. The day I bought it, the price dropped to $479 on their website. One quick email and they refunded $100 back into my paypal in less than an hour no questions asked!! And the Phantom showed up 4 days later. I think that is just Awesome customer service and will buy from them again and again!

jjmansell said:
I ended up buying from Atlanta Hobby. They actually had the Phantoms on Ebay for $579 while they were still $679 on their site. The day I bought it, the price dropped to $479 on their website. One quick email and they refunded $100 back into my paypal in less than an hour no questions asked!! And the Phantom showed up 4 days later. I think that is just Awesome customer service and will buy from them again and again!
Nice! That kind of integrity is exactly why I recommend them.

Hi guys
i need help, my DJI Phanton no works i connect the battery but doesn't works. the batteries its fully charge
the charger its on light green all the time.

i dont know what happened

please help me

What is the LED doing on the bak of the Phantom? If you have the switch set to gps it will be green. Atti. It will be yellow. Did you arm the phantom by pulling both sticks down and left?

RFI shielding

Anyone have any ideas on how to get a new or fashion a new grey foam RFI shielding gasket that covers the gps - mind did not survive a Phantom body transplant (which was entirely successful other wise)?

miguenaranjo said:
Hi guys
i need help, my DJI Phanton no works i connect the battery but doesn't works. the batteries its fully charge
the charger its on light green all the time.

i dont know what happened

please help me

Did you move both sticks down center or down left for starting motors ?
How are phantom ligths RED-YELLOW-GREEN?
Did you watch the tutorial videos ? Don't want a "fly-away" lost phantom ? read manuals and check tutorial videos ;)
Here they are:
http://www.dji.com/tutorial/phantom-tutorial/

Mine powers up with sticks down and left also. I don't even try to power up till I see home posistion flashing. About 20 greens. Goes too fast to count.

Tom

Re: I reversed the polarity wires when charging my battery

I reversed the Positive and Neg leeds on my batter when charging it, I think I may have burned up that battery. Has anyone had that problem and is there anything I can do to save the battery.

Here's a follow up on my problem. I blew the safety on the Battery Charger, I found a link on You-tube where it was explained how to open the charger and sodder(sp) the burned out connection. The only thing that this fix no longer makes it safe to charge the battery so while I purchased another charger and while I wait for it to arrive, I'm charging the batteries with a watchful eye.

So I didn't fry the battery, it was the charger. Anyone know how to solider the copper tab?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic