Geezz Louise... I bet this is a first !!

Reaction score
Okay.. So I ordered another new Phantom Pro... It arrived today... Before I opened the package I immediately noticed what sounded like little BB's rolling around in the box...
Oh Snap ! This can't be good.. So i grabbed my video camera (unlike others I have had a very difficult time returning items with Amazon)... I video recorded opening the new box, breaking the seals to reveal............. The silica package had busted open and all the little round plastic pieces were rolling around...
I was very relieved to find out it was only the silica and nothing broken on the unit ...
BUT !! (as luck would have it ) I can hear what sounds like at least 3 of those little pellets rolling around in the Phantom itself !! specifically the transponder area.. Without removing the gimbal protector I rolled , rotated , shook side to side up and down and cannot get the little boogers out !
Darn the bad luck... Im not keeping a $1000 unit with BB's rolling around in it .... Im returning it..
Let me here your thoughts and criticisms :)
GB and be safe

Last edited:
If I couldn't get them shaken out, I too would return it.

I'd sure try to entice them out if I could.

That's a toss up.
I guess I would keep trying for a little bit.
In the end, if they don't come out, they get a free trip back to China (or Amazon).
I wouldn't keep it either, but I would still try like hell to get them out. Just to save me the headache of sending it back.

If it's Amazon, just return it and order new. Two days.
This is a slamdunk. Just tell them exactly what happened. The silica pack ruptured and some of it got into the aircraft and is stuck. I would be floored if Amazon didn't handle it.

I know guys.. I tried like heck to get them out.. the thing is .. They would hang up some where and sometimes they would rattle and sometimes they would not..
My concern was "shaking" it to vigorously to where it would affect the tracking of the gimbal..
Very very frustrating.. My wife was not a good listener with this concern.. It felt kind of good knowing that you guys can relate :)

Reactions: Squirrel!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic