Geese dont like drones. Feedback? Removed my video because the playlist function didnt worked

Reaction score
Hello,
Last week i flew my drone around some geese to make a nice vid and at the end of the flight they were all in the sky.
Please give me feedback on my video im just a starter. And sorry sorry for my bad english.
I enjoy if you subscribe to my youtube channel!

Last edited:
While I like your video (Beautiful area) I'm not in favor of the actions. In some circles it's very frowned upon to chase the animals like that. In one paper I read that "harassment" is when you cause the animal to change it's actions and do not disengage with it. Once you spooked the geese it would have been better to leave the area although chasing them would be fun and exciting I'm sure. Sometimes we gotta go for the right thing over the fun thing.

Good luck and SAFE flights :)

Ye in the netherlands it isnt a problem the farmers want less geese.
But i understand what you mean
Klaas

Reactions: BigAl07
Geese are big and stronger, when they are in group they will attack any drone. They usually don't like drones. I usually fly away from them.

Here is what I do, I am Canadian and I have Canada gesse in my back field. Here geese are easily spooked when on solid ground, they don't seem to care very much when in water. When comming up on geese lower your altitude, you are comming in to high and way too fast. I would stay about 40 feet off the ground and gradually come in slowly. Move up on them and stop for 30 seconds then a bit closer and stop again and so on. Our drones do not resemble any natural predator and if you give them the chance to figure that out you may be able to get close. On land I can get about 30 feet from them as they will walk away. If they are close to water they will walk to it and once in they seem to relax and will tolerate the noisy drone and slowly swim away from you. If you fly after them fast when they are in flight you are now a predator and they will fly away. In the air if you hang back they may land. Like jwmcgrath said if one decides to come after you I garantee your bird is going down. Be slow and gentle and give them time to figure out your just a noisy white bird. When in water if they decide to take off it takes them a long distance to go and you craft is safer, on land if you are too close they will jump for you and take you down.

Here is what I do, I am Canadian and I have Canada gesse in my back field. Here geese are easily spooked when on solid ground, they don't seem to care very much when in water. When comming up on geese lower your altitude, you are comming in to high and way too fast. I would stay about 40 feet off the ground and gradually come in slowly. Move up on them and stop for 30 seconds then a bit closer and stop again and so on. Our drones do not resemble any natural predator and if you give them the chance to figure that out you may be able to get close. On land I can get about 30 feet from them as they will walk away. If they are close to water they will walk to it and once in they seem to relax and will tolerate the noisy drone and slowly swim away from you. If you fly after them fast when they are in flight you are now a predator and they will fly away. In the air if you hang back they may land. Like jwmcgrath said if one decides to come after you I garantee your bird is going down. Be slow and gentle and give them time to figure out your just a noisy white bird. When in water if they decide to take off it takes them a long distance to go and you craft is safer, on land if you are too close they will jump for you and take you down.
Thx for tips!

I'll bet those who assert geese will take down your drone have never flown anywhere near geese and have never witnessed such a feat. I've got year round geese here and with fall coming there will be random flocks flying all over the place. I'll try to get some video. Doubt there will be any attacks on my P4. Got plenty of bald Eagles and hawks too. I stay far away from those :)

Reactions: klaas2.0
I'll bet those who assert geese will take down your drone have never flown anywhere near geese and have never witnessed such a feat. I've got year round geese here and with fall coming there will be random flocks flying all over the place. I'll try to get some video. Doubt there will be any attacks on my P4. Got plenty of bald Eagles and hawks too. I stay far away from those :)
I live at sea last week a seagull flew almost against my drone :p.

I live at sea last week a seagull flew almost against my drone :p.
Yup, well documented. Seagulls like drones and want to play chase with 'em. Curious little winged beasts.

Reactions: klaas2.0
Sheesh, don't be a wimp.

I flew my P3S in a little park in VT a few weeks ago and a goose starting coming up to my drone as I was getting it started. I had no idea if it would have done anything, but it got within 3 feet before I launched it. There is a flock by my office and they like to cross the road just as everyone is leaving work. And they could care less when the cars come up to them.

**** I deleted my videoo because the playlists, i maked a playlist and has set the same video 2 times in it I removed 1 of them and the video was also gone......can you relike him on youtube if he is reuploaded?
Klaas

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT