Geert what's up ?

Reaction score
I'm wondering what is going on here with geert ? Going through post and deleting what he considers inappropriate ?
I've never seen this before. There's been numerous threads that he has edited , deleted , or locked because he dosent agree with the conversation. Check out the fpv booster thread where he deleted what he didn't like. Im not talking about recently , but back through the history of the thread ! Sure we get on each other and say things , and argue, but isn't this the way it works? Everything was fine in that thread , we moved on .. But he feels as if he has to go back and make revisions ?
What's is this the politically correct , don't disagree , and be gentle forum ? Yeah some newbys get hammered a little , but in my opinion , they need to research the forum a little bit or at least read the manual.
Hey I asked tons of questions in the beginning also, but I at least read the forum a little before i posted.
And yes we have had disagreements , and poke fun at each other , and needled each other. But thats part of the fun. And it's just not that thread , been happens a lot.
I dont think we need a censor deciding what he doesn't thinks proper , really going back and editing post and deleting history , sorry geert we moved on , why not you !

Mori55 I cant agree with you more, we may have disagreed but thats life. I cant stand someone coming in and editing posts. I look forward to having many more conversations with you even if we dont agree, but I'm really thinking this place is getting ridiculous. None of the other mods carry on at all like this.

Oh hell, I didnt take any offense for you telling me I needed to read the manual! You weren't aware at the time that I had read the manual from cover to cover and watched nearly all PV2 videos you tube and vimeo have to offer. For a newbie like me some of the directives in the manual were very vague and confusing. Like the one that pertains to "Ground Station" one part tells me the V2+ is not compatible with Naza-M or some crap, well the new manuals and updates tell me that I do have "Ground Station". What I didn't know was that the actual "Ground Station" was an actual hardware and software. They also refer to the app that we use in DJI Vision as "Ground Station" which is the autonomous flight via waypoint. I was so confused I didn't know which way to go. I nothing of someone giving me a direct answer or recommendation. As a newbie i expect a little hazing and sometimes I deserve it but I don't take offense by it. If grown men can't take a little ragging, hazing or poking fun then maybe they should get on Martha Stewarts forum. Now, I will agree if someone is completely out of line and just stirring the crap bucket, using foul language or attacking someone then yes they should be censored or removed from the forum all together. I truly believe that most here can agree to disagree before it comes to that. In closing I will say this, Yes I am a newbie to the RC world and yes I am going to ask questions and some of them maybe stupid questions especially to those that have spent half their lives doing this, but I only do this because I could not find the answer elsewhere, I am confused or I want a more experienced persons opinion but most of all I want to learn and I want to learn the right way the first time. I love this forum and I truly appreciate everyone's assistance and insight, even the ones that are a little harsh at times. The knowledge contained in this site is very valuable and helpful beyond description. I too enjoy the occasional ragging and poking fun even at my expense. Granted, most here will never meet in person or shake hands I still look at some here as good friends, just because this is a website I feel it is still possible to enjoy fellowship and help each other out. Please know I as a newbie will never take offense to anything anyone says. I can easily agree to disagree and move on. Well, once again I am rambling so I will now shut up LOL. Thanks so much to everyone here for taking the time to help me out and answering my questions, even the stupid ones!

I don't think any of us mind helping anyone , that's what is for ! I do the same as you , I look around then ask if im confused . It's just the questions that are asked when there's already active threads answering already answering your questions.
To me that's just being lazy!
But this isn't about just newbys , it's about changing and deleting post that's not agreeable to a certain mod. Going through the history of a thread and revising it. Changing quotes to your liking. .

I made a post on June 2nd about the exact same thing with the same mod. In the end I ended up deleting it myself as it was a can of worms I was not sure if I should open.

I don't like my posts being edited or deleted (unless I am vulgar or offensive), so I just don't post so much anymore. Sad as I really liked this place.

They have to have rules of conduct here or it just turns into pissing matches. I'm unsure of the comments that were deleted (cause they were deleted! :lol: ), but wonder if they might not be considered inflammatory speech? Again, I'm talking out my *** here, I have no clue what's transpired.

The "Mods" seem like a reasonable bunch of fellows, and I'm sure if you shoot-off a PM their direction they'd address your concerns. They've said as much.

I completely agree. I enjoy the back and forth, even if it's a little heated. That's just the passion coming out.

Maybe rather than spending time editing our posts, create some stickies for the most frequently asked questions and useful topics - help some of the new people to not get in trouble by asking already answered questions.

Well I agree most of the mods are fair. But I can assure you it wasn't just one post. Why would you go back and change post and quotes , and delete certain quotes days after every everyone has moved on ?
I belong to numerous forums like RC Groups and don't remember this happening so much. It wasn't anything vulgar that I remember. It was just disagreement , normal forum back and forth.

Mori55 said:
Well I agree most of the mods are fair. But I can assure you it wasn't just one post. Why would you go back and change post and quotes , and delete certain quotes days after every everyone has moved on ?
I belong to numerous forums like RC Groups and don't remember this happening so much. It wasn't anything vulgar that I remember. It was just disagreement , normal forum back and forth.

I'm sure the Mods react when they themselves see the material. Jobs, family, the enjoyment of their own hobby has to have an impact on all of us, but doubly true for the Mods reading each post in their assigned area. I don't think they really mind a little vulgarity, but I have notice them react to something that could be construed as mean-spirited.

And remembering how difficult it is to discern emotion thru text -- it can't be an easy job.

Yes but to go back and revise previous post that are history and delete old post is a little heavy handed in my opinion.

Mori55 said:
Yes but to go back and revise previous post that are history and delete old post is a little heavy handed in my opinion.

Morri I get what you're saying, no one likes a post Nazi. I'm just trying to point out that lacking understanding as to why it was done provides that there could still be a logical explanation. Or it could have just simply been a mistake. One thing I do know is that if you were really on their bad side, you'd have been informed already.

That it doesn't seem that they have been in contact with you is a good thing, so whatever this is about it appears to be minor.

It wasn't any of my post , it's just been happening in the last couple of weeks on different threads.
This morning the op in the Booster app was complaining about this , when Geert posted that he went back and changed previous post.
I've noticed this happening lately.
Why would I be on anyones bad side when I just pointing out what other people have been saying ? Look in general questions forum someone else was complaining about censorship this morning.
So we should keep are mouths shut when something is wrong and be afraid of getting on someones bad side ?
Look for yourself

I have a missing post. I could see quotes but my post is gone. I don't think I said anything wrong, and the quoted bits don't show anything that might cause deletion. Could the system delete posts on its own? (I don't remember the thread where I made this post and since the post was deleted I don't know of anyway to find it??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic