Geeks only: Unused ports inside the P2V

Reaction score
So I opened my P2V today to replace the 2 motors I cooked by improperly installing prop guards. I was surprised to see all of the available unused ports and female plug positions. For kicks, I plugged a servo into all of the 9 available outputs on the orange module I presume to be the receiver. I had hoped to be able to get a response from the 7th channel controller on the rear of the transmitter. Nope. No response from ANY transmitter inputs from any of these positions. I would love to know what the 4 outputs labeled "LED" were for. LED E, T, and R , and "EXP" U were 5.6 v and LED "A" was 1.3 v,F1 and all vacant "M" spaces were 5.6v, FWIW.

Some other ports were also unused. One was labeled "fan". I think earlier P1models may have had fans. It appears to be a typical 3 pin fan connector as on a PC motherboard. Others were labeled "zenmuse" which we know what is for, but what are "exp", "can", and "exp" jacks for??? Lastly, there are 2 solder points labeled "temp", presumably for a temp sensor to control a fan?? I would love to have some insight into what these outputs are for.

Lastly, I was hoping to be able to find a method of controlling a servo or electric switch from the 7th channel. I have installed the 7th channel lever switch on the rear of my transmitter for kicks, but would like to control something, perhaps like turning on and off my recently installed LED headlight. Any hints???

I've seen them too. No clue what they are all for.

Where did you get the "lever switch" for on the rear?

The "orange module" isn't the receiver, it's the NAZA flight controller, aka "the brain", "the autopilot" etc - the receiver is actually mounted below the main board to one side (right side of battery bay as you look into it).

The DJI wiki has a section about what the inputs/outputs are for in a standard NAZA, but no one's confirmed if that's indeed what we have in the Vision: http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M ... escription.

As to the other ports... there's no available documentation that I've found as to what they all are, and whether any are active on the Vision's main board. The dronexpert.nl gimbal guys appear to have cracked how to use the 7th channel, so when those start arriving in customer hands hopefully that'll give us an insight into how it's implemented on the Vision.

The lever's the easy bit. If you twist the pot with a screwdriver there's no effect on the Vision camera tilt out of the box. They are still saying no need to open up the Vision to install it on their website so that's why I'm intrigued as to how they are getting that signal from the receiver (which does register the input) to the gimbal when it doesn't appear to be going to the stock gimbal as is - and all without opening her up to use an additional port? Still, we'll found out soon enough.

Pull_up, I had the same question. The only possibility is that the existing cable has the 7th channel circuitry in it already, or they are mistaken on not having to open to install. Time WILL tell! Until then, I am going to continue to get some type of servo response from the various outputs available inside of the P2V from turning the 7th channel pot on the transmitter...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj