"GCU" for Phantom 2?

Reaction score
Hi
I got my Phantom2 wet almost exactly a year ago - had to replace two ESCs and motors, but the phantom flies fine now. Haven't flown it in almost a year, but the gopro and h3-2d (that came with the phantom) are damaged.

I've purchased a new (used) gopro, but need to purchase a new gimbal. Heard about the h3-3d, but wondering if it's going to be "plug and play" into the phantom2 like the h3-2d was. I definitely need the single axis adjust like I used to be able to do with the lever on the back of the P2 remote. So my questions:

- Is the H3-3D the same interface as the H3-2D? As in I wouldn't need anything else to connect it to the video transmitter, etc?
- Notice they come with a "GCU"? my understanding is the P2 has this functionality built in so I don't need a GCU?

Hi
I got my Phantom2 wet almost exactly a year ago - had to replace two ESCs and motors, but the phantom flies fine now. Haven't flown it in almost a year, but the gopro and h3-2d (that came with the phantom) are damaged.

I've purchased a new (used) gopro, but need to purchase a new gimbal. Heard about the h3-3d, but wondering if it's going to be "plug and play" into the phantom2 like the h3-2d was. I definitely need the single axis adjust like I used to be able to do with the lever on the back of the P2 remote. So my questions:

- Is the H3-3D the same interface as the H3-2D? As in I wouldn't need anything else to connect it to the video transmitter, etc?
- Notice they come with a "GCU"? my understanding is the P2 has this functionality built in so I don't need a GCU?

The H3-3D uses the same 8 pin connector as the H3-2D and the only difference it's a 3 axis gimbal. You may have to upgrade the gimbals software. Might also like to change controller to the newer one.

Let me know if you have a problem with the new gimbal.

Sounds like too much work. So i can just purchase the H3-2D i'm assuming right? And ignore the "GCU" that comes with it?

Sounds like too much work. So i can just purchase the H3-2D i'm assuming right? And ignore the "GCU" that comes with it?

Sorry but that H3-2D is no longer available. Neither the H3-2D nor the H3-3D come with a GCU module and I own both. I sure didn't find it to be to much work to push a button to download updated firmware if it became necessary for the operation of the equipment. .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj