Gauging Battery Life on Transmitter

Reaction score
When I connect my Transmitter to the computer and run the Phantom RC app, there is a power indicator that says 6.6 volts. Can I use this as indicator for how much charge my batteries have? If so, at what point should I start to consider swapping out the batteries? I'm not using re-chargeables in the transmitter, so I'm just looking for a way to indicate when I should change them, before they die in the middle of a flight.. lol

srandall25 said:
When I connect my Transmitter to the computer and run the Phantom RC app, there is a power indicator that says 6.6 volts. Can I use this as indicator for how much charge my batteries have? If so, at what point should I start to consider swapping out the batteries? I'm not using re-chargeables in the transmitter, so I'm just looking for a way to indicate when I should change them, before they die in the middle of a flight.. lol

from what i understand, the transmitter LED will start blinking and you will get beeping when the voltage on the controller drops under a certain threshold. I use rechargables so i have never let it get down that low.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.