Garmin VIRB Elite - Has anyone seen this yet? PERFECT for us

Reaction score
I just read a review on this. Though it didn't score the same points as a GoPro (naturally) this particular unit caught my eye because of it's ability to add a virtual screen overlay which shows a speedometer and altimeter during the final edit. An example can be seen in the screen shot I took.

This would be a great feature to have for our flight videos!

0.jpg

Re: Garmin VIRB Elite - Has anyone seen this yet? PERFECT fo

Is it a camera or what? 'Prefect' is a bit subjective here. For flying there are other things that make the iosd mini more 'perfect' for me, like battery levels, distance from home point, speed, orientation, number of satellites etc. On screen overlay for me would have no use.

Any link to the review?

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Google can do wonders curing curiosity lol

I checked it out and it's pretty cool. Has built in GPS,WiFi, and image stabilization. Seems small enough to strap onto a quad and i would imagine a search on youtube would likely provide info on weather anyone has done it or not.

www.garmin.com

I have a Garmin VIRB Elite and my family gave me a Phantom for my birthday. Fantastic!

The VIRB mounts easily to the Phantom using the adapter that came with the VIRB. The camera has a built-in GPS (duh! It's from Garmin) and accelerometers. The data overlay can be customized using their free editor using the video and GPX files.

Works great! Only drawback is no live video feed (for now).

Mike

is there any video from your Virb/Phantom set-up?

How is the lens distortion on this? Obnoxiously wide and curved like a GoPro? Does it shoot raw? Can't find that anywhere. Looks interesting though.

JaysDMC said:
I just read a review on this. Though it didn't score the same points as a GoPro (naturally) this particular unit caught my eye because of it's ability to add a virtual screen overlay which shows a speedometer and altimeter during the final edit. An example can be seen in the screen shot I took.

This would be a great feature to have for our flight videos!

0.jpg

It looks like a nice unit, the only thing I don't like is the weight - It weighs as much as an H3 2D gimbal (with battery)

Hi,
Still new to flying, but I used the Garmin to MTB, so I strapped it onto my F450, here is an screenshot, will post a link to Youtube once uploaded.

Attachments

• garmin screenshot.png
    garmin screenshot.png
    1,002.4 KB · Views: 876

First post....

Is there anymore information on this? I'm very close at purchasing the Phantom Vision 2+....

Thanks,

RJ

Has any of you guys used the garmin virb elite for a FPV setup yet? I have one of these and am looking at getting a FPV kit.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20