Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Gamrin GTU-10, Any issues with interference?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PitStop, Jan 9, 2014.

1. PitStop

This is a question for you guys using a Garmin GTU-10 tracker to keep tabs on your phantoms..

I quickly forgot about "GSM buzz" after switching to Verizon 4+ years ago. Now that I've been playing around with my Garmin GTU-10 I've realized that it uses AT&T's GSM network and I get the infamous "GSM buzz" when it's placed near a FM radio, you know that "duht....duht duht duht" sound through the speakers.

My queston, has anyone experienced any issues with the GTU-10 causing any sort of interference with our Phantoms?

2. Ksc

Ksc

well if it causes a flyaway, you'll be able to find it!!!

3. LeoS

[​IMG]

4. rmklaw

I have not flown mine with the GTU-10 installed. However I have been running a number of non-scientific tests. I have placed the GTU-10 directly over the GPS, on top, on the bottom, sides, battery, etc., and with the copter idling, I had automatic position updates as well as on demand, while moving the controls. I have not noticed any effect or loss of GPS signal. Also, I did the same testing while hooked up to the assistant and monitoring all the parameters. Again, no effect.

Next step is to fly it. I will probably mount the GTU-10 either on the battery or one of the legs furthest from the compass.

5. PitStop

LOL true... but i'd rather have the comfort of landing it myself, rather than it plummeting into water or some other fatal object

6. Fdnyfish

No problems for 6 months

7. PitStop

Where is everyone mounting it? Most I have seen have been on the side, under the main body of the craft.

8. LeoS

That's where the flat surfaces are, somewhat protected by the roll-cage-like feet.
    I don't think I've ever seen any add ons mounted on top of the Phantom, what with the smooth and sexy curves up there...

9. oldengineer