Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Galveston Seawall

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Paul A Byers, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Paul A Byers

When flying off Galveston island, how far away from The Historic Pleasure should I stay?

2. Paul A Byers

3. m0j0

I don't know that I would fly over it because there are people there ... but otherwise I would not be ultra concerned. Fly over the water far enough away that if there is an error you lose your bird in the drink.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

4. Steve Palmer

That falls within the 5 mile radius of the airport. I have been in contact with Mike Shahan, Airport Director and he said if you want to fly within that radius contact the tower with your location and maximum altitude and they may waive the radius. They will grant permission daily between 6:00am - 6:00pm daily. The tower number is 409-392-7110.

I have been trying to find out if there are any City ordinances but no luck yet. I'll update if I find out.

Paul A Byers likes this.
  5. johnyoung

If there are significant numbers of people then 150 meters would be sensible, if not then 50 metres.

Sent from my F3311 using PhantomPilots mobile app

6. johnyoung

Also down load an app called "airmap" looking at the location it's class D airspace

Sent from my F3311 using PhantomPilots mobile app

7. Paul A Byers

That is good to know, thanks! Just a thought, it would be cool to get night time shots as all the lights on the Pier are on. However, I won't push my luck. Daytime is better than nothing.