Galaxy Tab S2 8.0" or Galaxy Tab S 8.4"

I would go with S2 because it is octa-core, has the bright screen, and I am an Android Samsung lover. (My wife and daughter are the IOS lovers, but they don't fly Phantoms :) ) I have not seen a lot of experience based comparisons of the S2 and K1, mostly just opinion.

Ya the S2 currently is $299 many places.. I would say thats a well rounded device. I would say the extra $100 over the shield is worth it.

I have also just tested a ipad mini 4 and it may be a smidgen smoother buy really it's hard to dell the difference it's ever so slightly. Also the ipad mini 4 looks washed out compared. Can't really beat a SuperAmoled display. On top of that you need a $500 cellular version of the mini to get GPS hardware like the S2 has standard.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: liketogethigh
I purchased my galaxy tab s2 9.7" for the phantom3 after checking the equivalent apple version side by side.

The galaxy has the brightest screen by far. I told the sales guy that I wanted the best for outdoor use and he sold my the galaxy. ( he sold both apple and android devices )

I cannot fault it.

Reactions: liketogethigh
I would go with S2 because it is octa-core, has the bright screen, and I am an Android Samsung lover. (My wife and daughter are the IOS lovers, but they don't fly Phantoms :) ) I have not seen a lot of experience based comparisons of the S2 and K1, mostly just opinion.

Is it important to have a quality tablet when flying these things, especially when flying it FPV through the camera?

I can hardly see through the camera on my Insignia flex elite. I just bought the Galaxy Tab S2, so I hope I can see better on that screen and a hood.

Is it important to have a quality tablet when flying these things, especially when flying it FPV through the camera?

I can hardly see through the camera on my Insignia flex elite. I just bought the Galaxy Tab S2, so I hope I can see better on that screen and a hood.
Yes it is! I can imagine it will be night and day when you get the S2. Report back if you could. :)

Yes it is! I can imagine it will be night and day when you get the S2. Report back if you could. :)

I'll definitely report back, I got with a $50 BB gift card here, so roughly $50 more than the shield. I'm excited to test it out with my Phantom!

I'll definitely report back, I got with a $50 BB gift card here, so roughly $50 more than the shield. I'm excited to test it out with my Phantom!
Make sure you update to the OJ1 firmware. That is a must! PM me for any help. I'm an android geek. ;)

I'm happy with my nVidia Shield K1
comes with HDMI out, so you don't have to buy the $100 HDMI board for the RC down the road
lots of roms, and stock roms de-bloated with root.. and custom kernels with dd2w and oc. etc
i

Here is what I'm referring to...
This screenie is from the Tab S2.

screenshot_2016-03-05-01-07-58-1-png.46093

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-05-01-07-58[1].png
    Screenshot_2016-03-05-01-07-58[1].png
    6.2 KB · Views: 511
Here is what mine says. Tab S2 9.7 32GB LTE (AT&T)
In a pc download and install smartswitch from samsung.

Samsung Smart Switch™: Transfer Contacts, Music and More

When you plug your phone/tablet in it will tell you if you need to update it.

I know that OH1 had some temperature issues.

The only other suggestion I have unfortunately would be if it updates it's always a good idea to factory reset your phone. This makes sure that the software is running optimally. Often times an update will work fine after with out a reset but it's not working as best it could.

Updates are always recommended with lollipop 5.1.1 especially.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4