Galaxy Tab 4 as Monitor only

Reaction score
Bestbuy has the Galaxy Tab 4 for $129. I need a larger monitor than my 6S phone. I don't want to drop $300 plus for an iPad Mini and just need a dedicated tablet just for the p3, I will hotspot it to my phone for grabbing maps.
Is anybody using one and feedback wanted please. Feedback is to determine if the price point is worth it??? Any issues with DJI Go app downloading, crashing app, etc... I'm hoping to get one tomorrow while still on sale, but need some experienced feedback only on this tablet. Thanks in advance, as I alway research on this forum with other experienced fliers on helping with my decisions in the past.

I bought a tab 4 for my p3a and thats basically all i use it for. Got a used one for like $50 bucks. I have no lag on mine, but it is also rooted and deleted all of the bloatware. it worked fine before i rooted it, i just wanted to free up more space. you have to sideload the dji go app, do not download from the google play store. Waypoints and maps work fine on it since it has gps, however, follow me isnt the greatest with the tab 4.

Thanks for input. How do you side load? I am an all apple user at this time and getting DJI go app on iphone was stupid easy, want the same for tab if possible

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

download it from here. Phantom 3 Advanced - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO | DJI

transfer the dji go APK onto your tablet or sd card.
Turn on "Unknown sources" by going to settings > general> security > unknown sources
open myfile app (already on the tab 4) and find what folder you put the apk in and click it to install.

also
for location settings, i use GPS only.
I also downloaded zapper task killer to close out running apps before opening up dji. not necessary but i like to do it.
if you plan on using follow me, some people cant get it working correctly on the tab 4. it works on mine, just not great. i wouldnt have really used this feature anyway.

I use it also, no issues. i pretty much did the same as Jay, deleted everything not needed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj