Galaxy tab 4 7" sun and reflection blocker?

Reaction score
Anyone had any experience with screen protectors that block out reflection and help against the sun?

Go to Walmart. Buy a piece of black foam-core poster board and a tube of gel-type super glue.

Then go to a hardware store and buy 4 "L"-shaped mirror brackets. (Like you'd use to mount a mirror on a wall)

Then make one!!!! Cut the board with a steak knife or razor knife and use the mirror brackets to mount the tablet.I cut a 1/4" slit on the top of mine so the tablet would BARELY fit through it. That way it won't fall out on you!! I also used 2 of those plastic nail things (like automakers use to hold your hood insulation to the hood) and fastened a 3/" PVC coupling to the back of the shade so the phantom's camera holder can grab onto it.

I also have a poece of aluminum angle "iron" (with a 1/4-20 hole in it) down low on the rear of it, so I can put it on a tripod!!!

C'mon dude, you have more imagination that that - don't you?

Not only are home made hoods cheap, they work better than the screens that are out there for sale. Some of the screens for sale look like a joke.

Home made screens might not be as convenient, but they work better. Just make yours deeper and don't forget the bottom. 3 sided screen only helps you 75%. There's still light and reflections coming from the bottom.

With Anti-glare screen sticker, my Samsung Tab Pro finally works great even on the brightest Sunny days.

Interesting idea none the less but after doing some research I think I'll give this a shot.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440817917.757637.jpg

Not only are home made hoods cheap, they work better than the screens that are out there for sale. Some of the screens for sale look like a joke.

Home made screens might not be as convenient, but they work better. Just make yours deeper and don't forget the bottom. 3 sided screen only helps you 75%. There's still light and reflections coming from the bottom.

With Anti-glare screen sticker, my Samsung Tab Pro finally works great even on the brightest Sunny days.

Think I'll go anti glare too! Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1