Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" with P4P?

Reaction score
I have a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" that I unearthed from one of my moving boxes stored for a year. I'm hoping to avoid buying another device and was hoping to buy a P4P standard remote to compliment my P4P+ remote and allow for 3rd party apps. My budget won't currently allow for a new tablet along with a new remote. Now I'm seeing that DJI GO 4 app won't install and says the device is not compatible with DJI GO 4. I the device on the approved DJI tablets so I assumed it was good to go. Can anyone confirm whether I can use this tablet with my P4P? What about Litchi, which is my end goal since I can run DJI GO 4 on the + remote?

Well, it looks like the latest "stock" OS release for your tablet is 4.1.x

I found some sort of reference to a 4.2.x release, but no idea if that is a custom ROM or not.

The problem is you need 4.4.0 KitKat or newer to run DJI GO 4.

So, you really only have one option. Run a custom ROM. I would suggest a CM12.1 build of 5.1.1 Lollipop, as I have just been through the custom ROM maze with my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 that was stuck on a defective upgraded version of 4.4.2 KitKat.

I went with the latest nightly build of CM12.1/5.1.1 Lollipop and it has worked flawlessly. I couldn't get 6.0.1 Marshmallow or 7.1.1 Nougat running reliably with DJI GO 4. That app is just very picky. And it seems to HATE Samsung stock ROMs of almost any OS consistently.

Now, if you can't flash a custom ROM, then you can't use that tablet the way it is. The tables they produced for compatible tablets were for the previous release DJI GO.

As far as flashing your device with a custom ROM there are plenty of How-Tos, tutorials and tools available, you just have to do your homework.

Thanks Brian. That confirms my suspicion but in a much more technical manner :p I'll have to give some thought to custom ROM or work on my budget to plan for a newer tab perhaps with more brightness. I have time to think about it. Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers