Galaxy S7 reboots constantly after last security update when flying a drone with dji go app

Reaction score
After last security update for android 6.0.1 on galaxy s7 it is impossible to fly any drone because phone constantly reboots when i connect usb cable. Dji says the update will be available in a week or two that will possibly fix this problem. Anybody found a solution?

Poslano sa mog SM-G930F koristeći Tapatalk

I asked dji and got this answer. Hi, there will be a new Android DJI Go app update within a week, that may fix the issue. For now, you may try rolling back your phone's Android version to the previous working one and waiting for a fix. Thank you.

Installed v2.8.3 but still reboots.

Did you clean the cache on the device after uninstalling the previous go app?
Also if you read the thread to the link I posted another fellow was successful with a slightly different approach with his s7.

Sorry I can't be more help...

Yes. SG7 got rebooted while flying drone.. that scared me while drone in high sky! Drone COULD crash without phone controlling. How I reroll back to old version??? Mine is SG 7 (not edge or note. Just SG7).

Uninstall the current version of the app.
Grab a tool off Play-store that will clean up the cache's. I use "All in One Toolbox"
Go to this link Download DJI GO 2.8.3 APK | APKPure.com and download v.2.8.3 of the .apk and put it onto your device in a folder you can remember.
Using a file manager run/execute the .apk file and presto you will be in business :)

You will need to turn off automatic updates on your device as well as at the play-store, else it may update the app back to the current vr.

P.S. If the app crashes after you have begun flying, all the pertinent data is in the P3P itself. So it isn't really needed at that point except for being able to view the camera and the birds position. So don't panic and hit RTH on your controller, and your Phantom will come home.

DJI GO 3.0 has been released and it semi works with the S7 edge on Android 6.0.1.
It semi-works because the phone will reboot if you power down the Phantom first. If you however exit the app first, then power down the Phantom then this will NOT cause the reboot. We all should be exiting the app first, and then powering down the drone as this will write the settings and finalise the video and hence minimise corruption.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4