Gain Value settings on phantom 2 vision +

Reaction score
how would phantom behave certain one chooses these Gain Value Settings

Basic: Roll 120%, 120% Pitch, Yaw 120%
Attitude: Roll 170%, 170% Pitch, Vertical 120%

Why ? I really wouldn't mess with the gains to much. The gains help stabilise it in windy conditions and hold it steady. Are you looking for it to react slower when inputting controls ?
If so just practice easier slower stick movements.

airdrone said:
For more speed and more tilting forward

If you like to try a quicker response you might try my settings. Have used them for a long time and makes the Phantom very responsive.

Basic: 125, 125, 120, 140.
Attitude: 260, 260

airdrone said:
I may be wrong but I think the naza only allows so much tilt. I think if you go into manual mode it'll be very responsive.

cougar said:
airdrone said:

If you like to try a quicker response you might try my settings. Have used them for a long time and makes the Phantom very responsive.

Basic: 125, 125, 120, 140.
Attitude: 260, 260

Those are the same as the default on my quad.

The Basic gains are for the auto pilot. If you mess with them, your Vision will oscillate in weird ways. They should be set to whatever allows your Vision to hold itself steady and stable when you are in GPS mode with your hands off the sticks. I actually have different basic gains set for different Visions. Don't know why, but even though the two drones are identical, they need different basic gains to stay stable.

As for the Attitude gains, 170 doesn't seem aggressive enough if your looking for something that's super responsive. Based on advice on these boards, I lowered my Attitude gains so I get a softer feel that is better for smooth video. It helped a lot.

erikgraham said:
As for the Attitude gains, 170 doesn't seem aggressive enough if your looking for something that's super responsive. Based on advice on these boards, I lowered my Attitude gains so I get a softer feel that is better for smooth video. It helped a lot.

How low did you set these?

If you like "acrobatic flying" you rather would have choosen a different kind of bird; the phantom just isn't designed for that.
Just an opinion.

I have Attitude: 200 pitch and 80 in Roll,,, Love it, does not spin like a **** top messing up my vids

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers