Gain for Throttle

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have had ap3a and now have a p3p. I noticed the same thing for both. Seems like the gain setting in the go app, e.g for the throttle has no effect at all on the amount of input needed on the stick.
Do I not understand the function of that gain correctly?

I thought that if I reduced the gain, would need more throttle input to get to max rpm. But it seems that any gain level, almost about 25% of stick input to max rooms of the motor...now I've test that while the drone is on the ground and no props on. I can't notice anything by adjusting the gain..... Am I testing it wrong,, would that only apply once the drone is in the air?..

Thanks

Reactions: Wilfros
RPM wont increase.
Gains is for the reaction times of the motor. Gains helps correct flight behaviour.
Just be careful with adjusting gains as the motors resonance can cause oscillation/vibration that can pass down to the camera gimbal. If this happens, you will get jello in your footage.

Its best to leave as default. You should only mess with them if you are adding weight (when motor struggles, the vibration/resonance will be more harsh).

Reactions: Meta4
hmm i thought gain would let me adjust the amount of input needed to achieve maximum throttle...As i said, at default level, throttle seems maxed out at about 30% push on the stick.. My thinking was to be able to adjust it so that stick all the way puched forward would be 100% throttle but that doesnt seem to be the case...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4