FYI......Autopilot for DJI 2.0 (24)

That sure doesn't look too promising, I can manually a better orbit than that
Found out I had compass interference issues causing the 'toilet bowl' effect. I should have known better given I use to have those issues sometimes when flying that area with my FC40. Wish the compass mod value was displayed on the screen. It's something I asked them for!
Testing focus and zip line mode later this afternoon!

Reactions: FASTFJR
The invite is to 100 registered beta testers. This limit is set by Apple not Autoflight logic
Edit: the number is 1000 not 100

Last edited:
Any chance that you'll be able to unlock prior video channels before the last firmware to allow for better video signal?

Any chance that you'll be able to unlock prior video channels before the last firmware to allow for better video signal?
I never upgraded to 1.26. But the developer fw doesn't restrict it. I still have full access to manually adjust channels in the DJI app. Btw- I'm still on the previous version of DJI app.

Is this the same app that costs £14.99, and then an extra £3.99 for orbit mode?

Autopilot for Phantom by Auto Flight Logic
https://appsto.re/gb/DUoD5.i

I was really interested in an app that orbited around a central point, but at £19 I think I'll practice manually some more instead.

Is this the same app that costs £14.99, and then an extra £3.99 for orbit mode?

Autopilot for Phantom by Auto Flight Logic
https://appsto.re/gb/DUoD5.i

I was really interested in an app that orbited around a central point, but at £19 I think I'll practice manually some more instead.

Yes its version 2 of that app.

I loaded the Beta firmware on the bird successfully. Shows no need on the RC. Tried to Engage and get error #201. Rebooted everything and tried on Ipad and Iphone. Not luck. Any ideas?
Thanks
Jeff

Ok, more tests today. Orbit has issues going CW. It looks like the P3P is fighting with itself. Possibly a coding error? Anyway see video for CCW which works well. Tested it out on myself both stationary and moving. Kinda cool. Also got zip line to work. Just need to figure out a good use case for shots I need to get....maybe over a cliff when I visit Hawaii this fall [emoji6]
Focus mode doesn't work [emoji21]. It adjusts the gimbal, but not the phantom. Sent videos and screen shots to support team. Apparently it's working flawlessly on inspire l, but of course it has gimbal yaw.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ok, more tests today. Orbit has issues going CW. It looks like the P3P is fighting with itself. Possibly a coding error? Anyway see video for CCW which works well. Tested it out on myself both stationary and moving. Kinda cool. Also got zip line to work. Just need to figure out a good use case for shots I need to get....maybe over a cliff when I visit Hawaii this fall [emoji6]
Focus mode doesn't work [emoji21]. It adjusts the gimbal, but not the phantom. Sent videos and screen shots to support team. Apparently it's working flawlessly on inspire l, but of course it has gimbal yaw.

Nice video. It is impressive what the Phantom and Autoflight Logic can do rotating around that point without a gimbal like the Inspire 1.

RE Orbit, I noticed similar issue going CW but wind was quite high and I went back and read the flight school manual and they mention Yaw Limitation in which they say the Phantom needs to exceed 1 degree per second otherwise it won't complete the orbit. I wondered if I had the speed too low and it hit the cross wind part way through the orbit. I've submitted my feedback with the issue regardless.

RE Focus. Focus works for me but like you say the Phantom 3 does not have the gimbal of the Inspire 1. You need to have the Phantom 3 pointing at you, then if you move back, forward, up and down the gimbal will track you. But if you move left, right or fly over your position it won't as it cannot move or rotate the gimbal. You need to rotate the Phantom then it will track you again.

I thought orbit would be my favourite but zip line is pretty impressive and can be used in a similar way as orbit to a degree by flying from point A to B while keeping the camera focused on subject.

Overall I am very impressed with the app. Just wished it was not blowing a gale today as it is preventing me from flying more.

Last edited:
RE focus. I emailed the support team. They said the P3 should adjust Yaw (the unit) to compensate. I think there is just a piece of code not enabled to do this when not flying the inspire. If they get this functionality, then it will be nice.

RE focus. I emailed the support team. They said the P3 should adjust Yaw (the unit) to compensate. I think there is just a piece of code not enabled to do this when not flying the inspire. If they get this functionality, then it will be nice.

That's awesome, looking forward to the next build or the full release then!

I loaded the Beta firmware on the bird successfully. Shows no need on the RC. Tried to Engage and get error #201. Rebooted everything and tried on Ipad and Iphone. Not luck. Any ideas?
Thanks
Jeff
You'll get this if you forgot to disable IOC in the DJI app. However, Leave multiple flight mode enabled. Both settings are located in menu MC settings -> advanced settings

Isn't this the outrageous App that cost $20 something and like $5 extra to unlock modes??? Let me guess when this come out of Beta, you have to pay another $20 to get it for the P3.....

Isn't this the outrageous App that cost $20 something and like $5 extra to unlock modes??? Let me guess when this come out of Beta, you have to pay another $20 to get it for the P3.....

Its not the cheapest app on the app store but I don't think the price is too bad when you compare the cost of a P3P + $20 for Autopilot with something like a 3DR SOLO and if you currently own a copy for the P2 Vision its a free upgrade according to their site and comments on inspirepilots.com.

Each to their own though.

Reactions: ViperNuke
Its not the cheapest app on the app store but I don't think the price is too bad when you compare the cost of a P3P + $20 for Autopilot with something like a 3DR SOLO and if you currently own a copy for the P2 Vision its a free upgrade according to their site and comments on inspirepilots.com.

Each to their own though.

Well if thats the case then i guess it's not too bad... What about Waypoints?? Does this app support waypoints? or that's extra $$$$ as well?

Tested the zip line function today. Works well and has many options.
One minor issue where one direction does not lower as it moves laterally until approx halfway. This should be a simple code fix.
Video shows:
POI A in distance at 70ft height
Point B is RC at height 10ft
Roughly halfway is a tree where camera focuses throughout travel.
Kinda boring, but shows functionality.

For zip line when moving down, the phantom has limits on how quickly it can descend (ie. avoid VPS). Auto flight logic says they will adjust the algorithm a bit to compensate as much as they can so it still stays on the 'line'.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31