Fw 1.1.9_r ?

Reaction score
Hi I've downgraded my fw back to 1.1.9 on my P3P but instead of 1.1.9+ which I had previously , it now says 1.1.9_r ?

Can anyone shed some light on this ? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi I've downgraded my fw back to 1.1.9 on my P3P but instead of 1.1.9+ which I had previously , it now says 1.1.9_r ?

Why would you be using such an out of date firmware?
It's not like there are problems with most versions since then or that 1.1.9 is special..
And there are significant advantages you're missing out on by sticking with 1.1.9.

How did you do it? From what version?

Why would you be using such an out of date firmware?
It's not like there are problems with most versions since then or that 1.1.9 is special..
And there are significant advantages you're missing out on by sticking with 1.1.9.
Not what I've read. I guess it's only the few early birds that remember the first batch of P3P but compared to recent updates 1.1.9 is a gem . Mine came with 1.1.9 when I purchased it this month. Decided to head for 1.4 to make use of more features but post update read a number of consistent complaints about post 1.1.9 and praise regarding 1.1.9. Decided to buy more time before it's too late.

How did you do it? From what version?
I loaded 1.3.20 from the factory 1.1.9 but reverted back . Very simple , no problem as it was only one step back.

Not what I've read. I guess it's only the few early birds that remember the first batch of P3P but compared to recent updates 1.1.9 is a gem . Mine came with 1.1.9 when I purchased it this month. Decided to head for 1.4 to make use of more features but post update read a number of consistent complaints about post 1.1.9 and praise regarding 1.1.9. Decided to buy more time before it's too late.
It's amazing the distorted ideas that come from selected reading of a few forum posts.
If you are on 1.1.9 you have a wavy horizon that was fixed in every version afterwards.
I used every firmware version up to 1.4 and never noticed any glitches at all and reading thousands of forum posts, I got the idea that most users had a similar experience.
Some users blamed all sorts of unrelated configuration or other issues on firmware and managed to convince others despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Really, there's no good reason to be stuck back at 1.1.9 when later versions are significantly better.

There sure is. 1.1.9 has no speed limit in GPS mode. Try it.

It's amazing the distorted ideas that come from selected reading of a few forum posts.
If you are on 1.1.9 you have a wavy horizon that was fixed in every version afterwards.
I used every firmware version up to 1.4 and never noticed any glitches at all and reading thousands of forum posts, I got the idea that most users had a similar experience.
Some users blamed all sorts of unrelated configuration or other issues on firmware and managed to convince others despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Really, there's no good reason to be stuck back at 1.1.9 when later versions are significantly better.

Thanks. Your input is just as valid.

My target was to step up to 1.4 so I can use apps like Airnest etc and stop. So is this what you've done ? Stayed on 1.4 ?

Cheers

There sure is. 1.1.9 has no speed limit in GPS mode. Try it.
I didn't even know there was a speed limit introduced !? The last Phantom I owned was a P1

I didn't even know there was a speed limit introduced !?
In prior versions GPS mode = 15 m/sec +/- whatever the wind was.
It was possible to pick up a bonus when flying with a tailwind.
For an unknown reason DJI changed things so that in later versions GPS mode would do 15 m/s - headwind but not pick up a bonus from a tailwind.
It was a minor annoyance when it happened but not a big deal.
You can still pick up a tailwind in atti mode.

In prior versions GPS mode = 15 m/sec +/- whatever the wind was.
It was possible to pick up a bonus when flying with a tailwind.
For an unknown reason DJI changed things so that in later versions GPS mode would do 15 m/s - headwind but not pick up a bonus from a tailwind.
It was a minor annoyance when it happened but not a big deal.
You can still pick up a tailwind in atti mode.
I don't quite understand .... So if you fly with a tailwind the quad will put the reverse thrusters on to fight the increases speed !?

Something like that. It still does 15 m/s in GPS but won't go faster in a tailwind.
What a waste of juice . I do wonder whether these things are introduced to indirectly sell more batteries. On paper ( no wind ) they quote X amount of flight time on a average but introduce some wind lets sneakily use up some flight time so Joe public buys another battery to make up the shortfall. Hmm.. Makes you wonder .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1