Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

FVPLR stage 1 question

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Mods' started by UnknownCaller, Apr 3, 2015.

1. UnknownCaller

Purchased a ready made Stage 1 and I am a little disappointed. I bought into the 2 to 3 times the range of the stock P2 Vision + range from what i've seen my stock extender gets about the same range 640x480 15 fps. I am not trying to bash FPVLR at all I totally believe in the product. I just hit the wall at 3200 ft just like my stock extender. Maybe I need to upgrade my antennas on the quad?

2. UnknownCaller

is there a frame rate it performs better at or boosting software works well with it?

3. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

You say hit the wall at 3200' ? That's not what you have your distance set in assistant is it ?

4. UnknownCaller

No its still set to the normal 5000 plus feet cut off I just cant get past 3200 ft. I tested both same place and Alt. nice big open field 2 mile plus clearing. It has to be the antenna on the quad I already have the controller antenna modded so I really have a stage 2 cause from what I gathered they only difference in stage 1 and two is the 5.8 ghz mod everything else is the same. Also the FPV is what goes not the RC signal.

5. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

OK...Not sure how high you are flying and don't have the plus so not 100% on your bird's 2.4 antennas .
    I would try another spot just to see cause that can make a difference .
    Ether ya not high enough to get out farther as I have found that with mine that helps me go farther.
    I started with the one's on the extender first then later added the 5.8 on the TX and could get 5000'+ at times but that was straight out and then lose FPV which then I would just go into HL till I got that back and then come on in .Antenna's on FC200 are on the sides so going sideways was always better . Added the birdside one's and the best I have so far is what you see.
    It starts to get flaky at that point so I just yaw around and come back and have FPV the whole time and have mine set at 30fps . 843.PNG That's in that spot and if I go some where else I get different .I know of 1 that has gotten 10000' but way up north of me.
    Find another spot and see how you do .

6. UnknownCaller

I am at 260 ft. In a wide open field I have the the same amps for the stage 4 kit going to add them tooit soon as i get the battery pack from FVPLR hopefully that will help but I will find a different place thanks for your advice.

7. PhantomOfTheSky

I like to use the lesser quality preview setting like 320x240 30fps when doing long range fpv , I think the higher resolution = more lags & such , for instance I have the stage 4 & I get much further results when on the low preview quality vs the higher , but it depends on what you wanna do with it I suppose, me personally I just use the preview like a viewfinder & I think that getting less lag & dropouts outweigh the benefits of clean preview quality, but like I said I just use it like a viewfinder(not a needle in a haystack finder )

#7 PhantomOfTheSky, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    dirkclod likes this.