Future Support For Old Motor Quads?

Might be worth it to install some new motors-- is that a fact? If so, I will be ordering some new motors.
If you want to swap to new motors - you also have to swap the whole mainboard out.
The ESCs for the motors aren't compatible.
With the cost for a mainboard and 4 motor replacement, if you just had to have new motors, you'd probably be better off selling the old machine and buying a new one.

If you want to swap to new motors - you also have to swap the whole mainboard out.
The ESCs for the motors aren't compatible.
You are absolutely right-- forgot about that-- thanks!

I'm sending mine out on Monday for an upgrade. But its more than just motors its also the main board as well.

if they're not using the older style motors anymore, how long will they continue to produce the old board or warranty and replacement parts.. I plant to have this thing for a few years, so who's to say by the time the warranty runs out and it needs something, that parts will still be available.
They are still selling parts for Phantom 2 and even Phantom 1 so I wouldn't be worried about the P3 parts availability.
Parts are a nice little money earner and they've sold hundreds of thousands of P3s so there's a lot of money to be made supporting them.

Might be worth it to install some new motors-- is that a fact? If so, I will be ordering some new motors.
Bob, I have one of each and have tested this several times and the difference that I have noticed is about 45 seconds to maybe a minute. My P3P with old motors also sounds a lot smoother. I don't have any problems with either but the difference I've noticed is marginal.

Bob, I have one of each and have tested this several times and the difference that I have noticed is about 45 seconds to maybe a minute. My P3P with old motors also sounds a lot smoother. I don't have any problems with either but the difference I've noticed is marginal.

Did you also try swapping the batteries or use the same battery for both? Lipo batteries loose capacity with every charge...so if the new one had the new battery that gives it an advantage...

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Same battery charged back to back.

I'm wanting a 30 min bird and I'm hoping with the new motors I can get there . Right now I'm at 26:34 minutes and landed with 17% battery . I think these motors will be just what I need.

Man i have both the old and new motors and only i notice some seconds or maybe a minute increase to the flight time.

Last edited:
Reactions: skyhighdiver

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20