Future Phantom buyer need advice

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to this and I need some advice.

I want to buy a P2. I'm not sure which model to buy. I really like the P2 Vision and Vision + because you can do FPV straight out of the box without any modifications. I'm not looking for the best footage quality. I just want to have fun and have some range. I'm a little concerned about the range on the P2 Vision.

I looked at a lot of video on how to build a FPV setup, but I know nothing about it. I don't really want to start looking for individual parts and try to install them together.

So now I am questioning myself, should I go with a P2 Vision or Vision + for simplicity or should I go with a P2 with the H3 3D and install a FPV system? I already own a Gopro 3 black.

I think you can buy FPV combo kit also? So that everything is included? Anything to suggest?

I live in a rural area in Canada, there is no local hobby shops here so I can't rely on that to give me help.

Thanks for helping me.

If you're just looking for FPV, and not "looking for the best footage quality", I'd probably just go with a straight, non-Vision P2... and maybe not even go as far as a Zenmuse. Buy a cheaper gimbal (since you're going to have the cam pointed straight ahead most of the time anyway), and spend your money on a system like the FatShark goggles.

BUT... whatever you do... please always fly with a spotter who can keep the Phantom in sight. FPV is a lot of fun, but it's no substitute for a pair of eyes on the bird.

I would rather like having the screen attached to the controller than having goggles. Like I said, I like the vision or v+ setup, but I'm concerned by the range.

Also, Any of you can comment on installing an FPV kit with an LCD ? Any recommendation?

Worth noting that you don't have to put together an FPV setup yourself; there are lots of dealers who will do it all for you.

HarryT said:
Worth noting that you don't have to put together an FPV setup yourself; there are lots of dealers who will do it all for you.

Thumbs%20up.jpg

Again I do not have access to any dealer. Unless they are online dealers but because I am new, I don't know where to go. I don't mind working my hands a little it's just that I know nothing so I would be looking at the easiest setup.

Would you be able to achieve better range with a custom FPV setup versus the Vision+ ?? For the same price?

Here's some a dice that may be very worthwhile looking into:

Go on line and communicate with [email protected]. He is a master and expert on Phantoms. Next, go to aces deals.biz. The owner is Peter Ellin and can also be reached at 888-239-2644. He offers Phantoms for sale and extensive customer service and repair service.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav