Future of drones, where too?

Reaction score
I think that it's extremely interesting, speculating and Chrystal Ball gazing, staring out into dark space, contemplating the uses and changes that will be developed for drones.
Of course DJI are always forefront & highlighted, in these intelligent drone discussions.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Reed L
I will be at CES next week - it will be interesting to see what a year of development has on the table now....

I believe the future of drones for private use will be affected by regulation, in what form this regulation comes will depend on how responsible pilots fly and if they have the foresight to inform themselves regarding which types of aircraft share the same airspace, the ability to buy a fly out the box drone such as the phantom which is very easy to control is still quite new,
As both a glider and phantom pilot i see many scenarios where things could go wrong, flying my glider my airspace ranges from almost tree top level to above cloud base or scratching the sunny side of a hill or mountain,
Personally i despise any type forced regulation, we learned years ago the best way to avoid it is self regulation.

Reactions: aka1ceman
Definately some cool things drone related on the near horizon, going by the past couple of years.. It just keeps on improving..
Anyone attending, be sure to bring a camera. ;-)

RedHotPoker

It should be another wonderful event. ;-)

RedHotPoker

What I am still hopeful for is a cellular remote control/video/data link setup. Range limited only by battery life & cellular data coverage.
That's already been made by flytrex "sky" . I am not sure how well it works . If been really wanting to get one .

I was all set on getting a P3P for Christmas but missed some good Black Friday deals. I'm kinda glad I held off. It should be interesting to see what is introduced at CES. I also had my eye on Yuneec Q500 A4 and with a slight improvement in the camera quality it could be a strong contender. Especially since their customer service has a great reputation. Crash avoidance seems like it will be standard on many units too.

I was all set on getting a P3P for Christmas but missed some good Black Friday deals. I'm kinda glad I held off. It should be interesting to see what is introduced at CES. I also had my eye on Yuneec Q500 A4 and with a slight improvement in the camera quality it could be a strong contender. Especially since their customer service has a great reputation. Crash avoidance seems like it will be standard on many units too.
Technology improves at a rapid pace, at least these days.
I guess CES is great but don't expect the new products to hit the shelves right away.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik