Future firmware update issues? Bird yes RC no. Thoughts on "GEO"

Reaction score
P3S

With this new DJI go app "GEO" update awaiting. I wonder if it will be possible to update the birds firmware without having to update the "go app"? Not a fan of my controller making decisions on "allowed" flight.

If DJI does finally fix the widespread distance issue their having; where some are and some aren't affected. Are we then doomed to having this GEO app installed? While a good idea I doubt it is properly fine tuned. Anyone who uses GPS "car" navigation knows this could be problematic....

I am hoping that maybe using that "downgrading procedure" can possibly used "in reverse" to upgrade through the SD card. If the range issue is with the RC, and most likely is, then I guess there is probably no way around it.....

Thoughts?

I have the feeling that the GEO fencing is just the start of total DJI operational control. Meaning, that one day all the firmware, software,and GO app will be linked as one operational system. If you don't have every piece of the puzzle, you don't fly. Don't know how that would affect Litchi, but it may be in the future.

If this does happen, there are other drone manufacturers out there. Silver lining. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not a fan of my controller making decisions on "allowed" flight.
That's the beauty of the system. It allows you to fly in locations where you normally would not be allowed to fly. See more details here:

FYI, you can turn of GEO in DJI GO if you don't want to use it.

FYI, you can turn of GEO in DJI GO if you don't want to use it.
If it is just for proper reference for flight and can be turned off then that's different.

B4UFLY has a private airstrip near me but it can only be used for emergency landing now for years. Still listed, I would have to attain 1400ft in altitude before being a hazard. If the new GEO app had absolute control then it would be a problem.....

But it did make me wonder about firmware updates and therefore the question.

Thanks for the clarification.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub