Futaba TX questioin (T8FG)

Reaction score
I have been watching several YouTube videos on configuring Futaba RX and TX for phantom and F550.
Question:
The IOC switch in on the left of the stock phantom TX and the GPS, ATTI, ATTI switch is on the right. In all of the videos, they have them reversed. They had OIC on SG and Mode function on SE and FailSafe on SF. The FailSafe is fine, but I just don't understand why there seems to be a universal preference for reversing SG and SE.

rcray said:
I have been watching several YouTube videos on configuring Futaba RX and TX for phantom and F550.
Question:
The IOC switch in on the left of the stock phantom TX and the GPS, ATTI, ATTI switch is on the right. In all of the videos, they have them reversed. They had OIC on SG and Mode function on SE and FailSafe on SF. The FailSafe is fine, but I just don't understand why there seems to be a universal preference for reversing SG and SE.
Im in the same boat I just got the F550 too and need help with my T8j

cssfly said:
rcray said:
Question:

ask away.

What model T8J did you get? Heli or Airplaine?

Gizmo3000 said:
cssfly said:
rcray said:
Question:

ask away.

How can u tell? LOLL Mine does has a plane in the lcd ...: )
But I now need to config to the F550

rcray said:
Question:

I can't explain the preferences, but since the Phantom was my first quad, I guess I prefer having the switches in similar positions.
I guess at first it was a free for all and people did as they pleased,. and people just followed suit.
.and DJI chose to do it differently.

I do recommend having it set so that all switches are pointed in the same direction when starting up.
and unless you wish to fly in manual mode, rather than set up failsafe on it's own switch, you can just merge it with the GPS/ATTI switch., helps free up a switch for other fun stuff

cssfly said:
Gizmo3000 said:
How can u tell? LOLL Mine does has a plane in the lcd ...: )
But I now need to config to the F550

I don't think you can actually tell by the LCD.

is your throttle ratcheted or smooth when you move it? ratachet=airplane, smooth=heli.

some of the switches on top might be different as well. (I don't have my Tx with here at work so i can't tell)

check your manual and it describes the switches for each model.

the mode most people use to set is airplane-acrobatic,. which is why you might see the little airplane logo

Hello, CSSFLY. I have found several Youtube videos which seem pretty complete.
This seems to be the best one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck3tu-4UVgg

I have been able to follow it after watching several times. This was my first attempt at programming a RX. I have been able to execute every step in the video except for the P-Mix. I have been stumped on that one. That is where you establish a Failsafe switch.

I will purchase an f550 in July and try to get it set up. Perhaps by then I will stumble across a video that helps a bit more wit the Program Mix.

Good Luck

rcray said:
I have been able to follow it after watching several times. This was my first attempt at programming a RX. I have been able to execute every step in the video except for the P-Mix. I have been stumped on that one. That is where you establish a Failsafe switch.

The P-Mix is actually pretty simple concept once you get the hang of it.
it basically at the fliptakes the info from one parameter (like Aileron) and apply it to another (like Rudder/Yaw), so that when you move the Aileron it will move the yaw as well. (which is knida nifty). But sometimes you don't want a 100% to 100% correlation, so they offer a curve so you can adjust how much it affects the other channel.

But you also have the option of applying that a channel to itself instead of another channel, so basically using that curve you can change it so that it merely alters the channel a different way. -example : a 50% curve will make it so the channel only reacts at 50% range or something.

Similar curves can be applied to a channel that's being controlled by a switch, such as the GPS/ATTI switch. When the switch is set to GPS, the signal being sent out is something like -620 (between the rangef -1000 to 1000) so if the signal is near that number, it will set the NAZA to GPS, and then when it's at 0 it's ATTI, and around 620 it's either ATTI/Manual.. or the new option of Failsafe (which almost negates the need to set up a separate failsafe switch anyhow, but there might be desire to set up a separate failsafe switch).

So the NAZA is pretty clever, in that if the signal is somewhere between any of those settings, it will put the MC into failsafe mode. So when you set up a simple curve (which looks more jagged than a curve!), and apply it to the channel, it'll tweak out everything so that instead of -600,0, or 600, it'll result in -310, 310, or +930 and Failsafe will kick in.

Hope that makes some sense, as I'm definitely not a pro at it, only had my Tx for 3 months, but fortunately it all clicked once I started messing around and learning what everything did.

I discovered an improved method for setting up failsafe on a separate switch that doesn't interfere with the AV2 channel that other online tutorials implement. made a quick video to show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smN776CAnRc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues