Futaba T8J which type? Heli?

Reaction score
I'm thinking seriously about getting the Futaba T8J radio for my Phantom, which type do I need?
the Heli or Airplane type?

What are the differences, does it really matter?

Should I consider another radio instead?

Thanks for any help, it is much appreciated.

allenj said:
I'm thinking seriously about getting the Futaba T8J radio for my Phantom, which type do I need?
the Heli or Airplane type?

What are the differences, does it really matter?

Should I consider another radio instead?

Thanks for any help, it is much appreciated.
They are practically the same, with minor differences... I bought the airplane version, because I like the ratcheted throttle and the switch configuration. I use it for airplanes, too. :D

http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php? ... 3090#p7259

Gizmo3000 said:
I'll just add that if you're thinking of getting one, there are two models - Airplane and Helicopter
while they are nearly identical, there are a few slight differences.

-the Airplane one has a ratcheted throttle (it clicks a little as you move it). the Heli has a smooth throttle, but it comes with an extra part so that you can easily open it up and make it ratcheted (I believe the Airplane one one might have the smooth-throttle parts,. has anyone bought that one?).

- the E & G switches (on the top) are slightly different as well - on the Heli the E is a 3-way and the G is a 2 way, and I believe they are switched on the Airplane model (again, can someone confirm?).
I naturally prefer the heli config, because i like having the 3 way switch on the left for the IOC modes, just like the Phantom Tx.

aside from that, the two models are identical

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj