Futaba T8FG or Futaba T10J transmitter ?

Reaction score
Dear all
i am thinking replace the DJI transmitter with a Futaba one. I am between the futaba T8FG or the new T10J.
Does anyone has the T10J ?
What's your thoughts ?

yakarah said:
Dear all
i am thinking replace the DJI transmitter with a Futaba one. I am between the futaba T8FG or the new T10J.
Does anyone has the T10J ?
What's your thoughts ?

The T8FG has much more support out here with vids and tutorials- on that point alone I suggest you go there.

I have been thinking the same thing. However the new Phantom 2 has a spring loaded throttle that at first seems like a step backwards, especially if you have experience flying RC helis or planes, spring loaded throttles are usually for as a toy setting. However the more I think about a spring loaded throttle for the Phantom 2 with the sole purpose of shooting video not joy riding, it seems like a good idea as it will hold that altitude. Can you set up the throttle stick on a Futaba with-in a way that as you pan left and right with the throttle stick and you are not constantly effecting the altitude aka throttle? If you watch the people flying the Phantom 1 when they pan left and right the Phantom will raise or drop as they accidentally adjust the throttle also.
Also..How much further with the Futaba 8 or 10 carry the radio signal than lets say the stock Phantom 2 TX RX set-up?

All Futaba radios have a free kit you can get to make the throttle spring to center. Easy to put in, and you can save the metal tab if you want to go back.

The downfall to centering the throttle is you are pretty much committed to quads with that as it will suck to compensate for helis and airplanes, so those profiles for other flying machines will be moot or a hassle to reprogram from my best guess; I don't fly planes or helis.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers