Futaba T8

Reaction score
I have just installed my TX an RX the other day , and can't get used to the throttle not being spring loaded to return the stick to the centre position .

So I thought I would open the TX an have a look , was thinking along the lines of if I could swap the stick from the stock TX .

After looking inside the futaba TX I saw there is a plate in the back of the throttle stick, so with only two screws holding this plate I took it off too see .

After taking the plate off my throttle is spring loaded an returns to the centre ?? :eek: :lol: so is it ok to leave the plate off ?

Not tried flying it yet as its in bits waiting for my gimbal to arrive an install .

But trying it switched off the throttle is spring loaded an returns to centre :D

I read on here someone got a spring kit from futaba to change it to spring loaded ?

Anyone else know about this ? Is the plate there just to stop it being spring loaded ?

You can't just remove the plate and expect it to work correctly as you need another spring in there to stiffen the stick motion. It'll just flop about loosely.

Send an email to the Futaba distributor at [email protected], they will set you up with e conversion kit free of charge ! They are very helpful guys, just explain you want the left stick sprung because you're flying a quad.

I got mine in just a few days from them :)

It's exactly the same movement now as the stock TX throttle though ? And feels same as the right stick on the futaba ? It's not loose an floppy ?

I guess I will have to put the phantom back together in a min an go try it :lol:

just uploading a little vid showing the throttle stick an the right stick .. youtube a bit slow uploading but will post it here when its done :)

just put the phantom together an been an tested it an it works fine :eek: :lol: did another vid of the phantom an cotroller in flight . again youtube slow :evil:

its got me puzzled as it seems perfect by just removing the back plate :lol:

Nwales said:
It's exactly the same movement now as the stock TX throttle though ? And feels same as the right stick on the futaba ? It's not loose an floppy ?

I guess I will have to put the phantom back together in a min an go try it :lol:

Once you install the parts they send you it will be just like the other stick. Without the right parts the tension will be different. I tried JUST removing the ratcheting system on my T8 and the stick was real-floppy-c**k, I had to get hold of the right parts, there was no other option.

Very strange then as its same as the stock dji tx now :lol: I wonder if mine had the spring kit already ?

This is the plate I took off

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 844
Yes,. a few people have contacted Futaba about it, and Futaba has sent them kits to make their throttles center-sprung.

I doubt I'll do the switch myself, as I'm used to the throttle the way it is.

Gizmo3000 said:
Yes,. a few people have contacted Futaba about it, and Futaba has sent them kits to make their throttles center-sprung.

I doubt I'll do the switch myself, as I'm used to the throttle the way it is.
this is the thing , I haven't fitted a spring kit :?: all I have done is take the back plate off :lol:

All I can think is it already had the kit fitted ,but why would the plate be there to stop it working ? Might email futaba an ask them :lol:

Thought I share my praise for Futaba. I upgraded to the T8J controller recently and sent them an email asking if I could upgrade the left stick so it self centred. They replied with yes you need parts x, y, & z where do you want them sending to. I gave my address and asked what the cost was. Their reply was nothing, we'll send them FOC. Great service, no questions. Something you don't see a lot of these days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers